Automatic Tree Harvesting

Freact

Hey guys, first post here wasn't sure which section it belonged in... hopefully this is right or I could move it.

Basically, my problem is that my automatic tree harvester keeps jamming.

The setup I have is two deployers, one with bone meal one with sapplings, and a harvester. What seems to be happening is that occasionally the harvester breaks the bottom block of the tree first. It won't break any of the rest of the tree after that and another sapling is planted but can't grow, slowly wasting my bone meal.

I don't think it is a chunk loading problem because I have seen it happen right in front of me. Also, I have a dimensional anchor loading 3x3 chunks around it, set to owned by server just in case.

So, I'm not sure if this is a bug, or a feature that I'm not using correctly. Any help on why this is happening or what I could do to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm assuming your deployer is loaded with an axe

TreeCap might be set to not activate if the axe hasn't got enough durability remaining which would cause the above

I would avoid this set-up entirely and get a Steve Cart going

Sorry, I might have not have explained it properly. I'm using a minefactory harvester to do the actual chopping of the tree. As, I understand it this should first break the leaves then break the tree starting from the top. Usually it does this, but occasionally it breaks the bottom block first and then jams, as described.

I tested an axe in a deployer but you cannot break blocks that way. Further, using a block breaker doesn't activate Tree Capitator so that way won't work either.

Could, you give me a link to something about tree harvesting with Steve Cart? I haven't used it before.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will consider a system like this. I would still like to get the harvester to work properly as well though.

Is it possible that it is a timer problem? I have a timer set to 6 seconds for deploying saplings, then a 0.8 second delay off that timer before the bone meal is deployed.

Also, thought I should note that the harvester runs continuously.

• Discord Moderator

Or you could just use MineFactoryReloaded machines designed for this exact purpose. Hook a fertilizer, planter, and harvester together with harvested saplings sent back to the planter and you have a self sustaining system (provided you have a system to generate fertalizer, which is pretty easy). I did this with IC2 rubber trees and it made about 1000 rubber in 10 minutes or so.