Energy Transport

Hi there, I'm currently using an industrial tesla coil to kill all other players around my base except me which is pretty cool :) I power it using IC2 (solar arrays) and converting it to BC with an energy bridge, teleporting it to my coil with phased conductive transport pipes, and then converting it back. The distance is too far for me to afford with glass fibre cable. My problem is that the golden conductive pipes that connect to the phased pipes explode as energy is not constantly being used. Is there a way to stop these pipes transmitting power unless its needed and so stopping them exploding?

The other option is looking into Gates which are really neat and can be placed on pipes along with wires to send signals about the state of machines they're connected to. Like a gate near your tesla coil can send a signal along a wire to a gate by your converter on a switch conductive pipe to cut the connection when it doesn't need power.

Honestly though your best bet is to rush energy conduits, though. The above works...most of the time, but with the way power works traveling through buildcraft pipes (if your tesla coil needs 10 MJ your converter might output 100MJ into the pipe and blow it up or something, it won't take just what is needed), something will inevitably blow up. Conduits don't have this issue at all.

Get rid of all pipes and connect an Energy Tesseract. If you do need pipes, use the energy conduits as stated above.

At the coil end, connect the tesseract to an energy bridge to convert the MJ into EU and Bob's your uncle. Make sure to set them to private frequency if you play on a PVP server.

These tesseracts take less server resource than a normal Buildcraft pipe. I can't say enough for them!

Or if you have some spare golden conductive pipes, set up an endless energy loop so the current is continuously traveling if your machine is full on conductive energy

That would eventually explode if too much power went in(which it will if you have a constant supply of power and it's not all used immediately). Not a good idea.

Hi there, I'm currently using an industrial tesla coil to kill all other players around my base except me which is pretty cool :) I power it using IC2 (solar arrays) and converting it to BC with an energy bridge, teleporting it to my coil with phased conductive transport pipes, and then converting it back. The distance is too far for me to afford with glass fibre cable. My problem is that the golden conductive pipes that connect to the phased pipes explode as energy is not constantly being used. Is there a way to stop these pipes transmitting power unless its needed and so stopping them exploding?

1. Try to switch to RP2 Pneumatic Tubes for item transport and TE Liquiducts, Redstone Energy Conduits and Tesseracts whenever possible. The internal logic, performance & stress on hardware is significantly superior in every way to what BC has to offer.

2. Redstone Energy Conduits lose 5% energy transported from source to goal. (meaning it's fixed, not distance-related). Energy Tesseracts lose 25% energy per teleportation. Keep that in mind when you power your stuff.

3. Redstone Energy Conduits don't explode. These mother-truckers can take a lot of juice. This is more important, than you might think, because BC Conductive Pipes would require prohibitively huge and costly storage facilities, in addition to looping EU, causing additional performance losses. (Teleported MJ --> EU Converter --> Tesla Coil --> Storage --> Energy Dump (e.g. Mass Fab))