Powering quarry with solar/batbox

BMW

I have 10 solar panels connected to a batbox which is connected to an energy link which is connected to my quarry. The energy link draws power even if the quarry isn't using that much power doesn't it? This means the batbox is always empty. How can I prevent the energy link hogging all the power to let the batbox charge?

Easy, move the solars/batboxes a block away from the EU consumer. Let it charge up, then put a copper wire in between.

Oh, and put a BC provider between the consumer and quarry.

Easy, move the solars/batboxes a block away from the EU consumer. Let it charge up, then put a copper wire in between.

*talks in an old man voice*

back in my day we didn't have any of these new fangled consumers or producers, we had an energy link (EU > MJ) and Engine Generators (MJ > EU)

*back to normal*

You have been playing Lite too much

The energy bridge isn't part of 1.2.5, that was introduced when Power Converters was remade into version 2

But then batboxes will just empty out pretty quickly. I want them to charge during the day (as well as power then quarry) so the quarry can run 24/7.

But then batboxes will just empty out pretty quickly. I want them to charge during the day (as well as power then quarry) so the quarry can run 24/7.

Guess you say it yourself - more panels and batboxes are the answer.

The geothermal idea is also a great one. Not to mention combustion engine with fuel (much more power than oil.)

use another bat-box, connect the first 2 to the 3rd, and the 3rd to the energy link, set the one connected to the energy link to not output power if redstone is present, set the other 2 to output redstone power when below half-full, connect redstone from those 2 to the other one.

result:

when either of the 2 rear bat-boxes is below half power, the front one will stop outputting power to the quarry, causing the power in all 3 bat-boxes to charge, when the rear ones again rise above half the front one will resume output, at this point it is fully charged as the rear ones wouldn't be above half otherwise.

you could then use some basic redstone circuitry to prevent the front one from switching off at night (an "AND" gate and light detector maybe? not got tekkit running atm and can't remember what redstone stuff is in it). One option for a "light detector" is a solar panel connected to the energy link via a detector wire (can't remember the exact name) this will output redstone whenever the solar panel outputs EU (during the day).