JAKJ's "Fair Trade" (discontinued)

jakj

Re: JAKJ's Tweaks For Technic SSP 6.0.7 - "Fair Trade" 0.0.0.0 All-In-One!

Try a vanilla client with nothing but ML, MLmp, Forge, and the weapon mod. If it still doesn't work, then it's almost certainly a bug in the weapon mod.

I'll do that tomorrow. It's getting late here...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These need to be stickied

That would be nice eventually, but right now there just isn't much here. (I think what is here is nice, though. :P) Hopefully I'll get a sticky when enough people feel that there is enough in this mod to be truly called "a mod".

(Curiosity: What is a "hammerspace"?)

It refers to any time a character in something pulls an object seemingly out of nowhere. I believe it specifically refers to an anime where a character pulls a large hammer out of nowhere, but it's been a while since I read the TvTropes page for it.

Yeah, the general idea was to have an "upgrade" to the death chest that let you get your stuff back immediately, for a fairly high one time EMC cost. Again, it seems like the idea might be outside the "tweaks and configuration" theme you appear to be going for, but I figured I would throw it out there anyways.

Ah, yes, where Final Fantasy characters keep their swords. Gotcha.

I'm not going for just a tweak theme: In fact I have a rather extensive plan. So, all suggestions and requests are welcome.

I'll look through the code some more and see if there's a viable way to do this without having to worry about chunk loading. Perhaps I can store the inventory on dwath in an item, and thwn require the consumption of an expensive reagent to unlock.

I believe the name comes from Thor's (the Norse god, not the Marvel comics character) ability to keep his hammer on him at all times - unless he was too drunk/stoned/lazy/stupid/whatever to do so. Something to do with it growing and shrinking to suit the situation, I seem to remember Mjolnir could at times be hidden inside his tunic, and at other times be a huge great battle-hammer-axe-club-thing.

The idea I came up with so far is a "Pouch of Keeping" that is expensive to craft. On death, all your items are put into it and you respawn with it in your hand. To get your stuff back, you have to right click it on a block on fire, burning the bag but restoring to you its contents. That somethinf like what you wanted?

Re: [MC 1.1/SSP 6.0.7] JAKJ's "Fair Trade" 0.1.0.0 (Apr. 8, 2012)

(Updated to version 0.1.0.0.)

(New chunk-loading blocks will be added in another update.)

Changes:

• [li]Using two chests to hold inventory on death now default.[/li]
    [li]Added "Covalent Puzzle Box" (Basic, Reinforced, Begemmed). Use NEI to get for now.[/li]

You know what I thought of? Map tools, like a block that spits out infinite buildcraft/IC2/RP power. That would be great for mapmakers.

What, like creative-mode testing tools? Or more for adventure maps? If the latter, keep in mind that would require the people playing the map to install the mod too.

What, like creative-mode testing tools? Or more for adventure maps? If the latter, keep in mind that would require the people playing the map to install the mod too.

Both. And for the maps, you could make an auto installer... And I don't think that having to install the mod would be too much of an issue, but that could be just me.

And, if it would be possible, something that could provide anything to an LP network. All this would make mapping a whole lot easier.

Both. And for the maps, you could make an auto installer... And I don't think that having to install the mod would be too much of an issue, but that could be just me.

And, if it would be possible, something that could provide anything to an LP network. All this would make mapping a whole lot easier.

Yeah, an auto-installer is definitely on the table. You know how haphazardly I work, though. ;-) Already have the patcher written and working, though, and I have a Java .zip library that looks like it'll work nicely. Reading up on Swing components now and they're delicious.

LP? Logicstic pipe?

Exactly.

Well, I'll look into it; One step at a time. I doubt it would be any more complicated than interfacing with Buildcraft itself, though, unless something more were involved than simply a pipe connection.

Well, I'll look into it; One step at a time. I doubt it would be any more complicated than interfacing with Buildcraft itself, though, unless something more were involved than simply a pipe connection.

Well, you'd have to interface with the network, so I don't know what's poppin' with that. Luckily, LP is open-source.

ok i cannot get this to work everytime i try the launcher gives me white screen can anyone help?

i open the zip put the stuff in the modpack folder into the modpack jar, put the cfg into the config folder put the fair trade zip into the mods folder the mocreatures stuff into the mocreatures folder inside the mod folder and i dont know what to do with the src folder theres not another one to merge it to, does it go in the root, bin or jar or even somewere else. you said if you cant figure out put class into jar then figure it out, well its alittle more complicated then that did i do the rest right? and were does the freaking src folder go

ok i cannot get this to work everytime i try the launcher gives me white screen can anyone help?

i open the zip put the stuff in the modpack folder into the modpack jar, put the cfg into the config folder put the fair trade zip into the mods folder the mocreatures stuff into the mocreatures folder inside the mod folder and i dont know what to do with the src folder theres not another one to merge it to, does it go in the root, bin or jar or even somewere else. you said if you cant figure out put class into jar then figure it out, well its alittle more complicated then that did i do the rest right? and were does the freaking src folder go

The "src" folder is the source code. That's just if you want to look at how I did it; If you don't care, you can ignore it.

You need to post your crash log (see the bug-board stickies for how to do that, but post it in this thread, not the bug board) for me to tell what's going on. But first, make sure you're using the recommended (6.0.7) build of Technic using Minecraft 1.1, not one of the dev builds.