JAKJ's "Fair Trade" (discontinued)

jakj

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: [MC 1.1/SSP 6.0.7] JAKJ's "Fair Trade" 0.1.0.0 (Apr. 8, 2012)

Not sure if I should post a request here...but...

I need a replacement for fuel that can be produced. Something like Biofuel. Is that possible with your current knowledge level of modding?

And 1 more, electrical engine replacement. I can't do away with those just yet. :P

Not sure if I should post a request here...but...

I need a replacement for fuel that can be produced. Something like Biofuel. Is that possible with your current knowledge level of modding?

And 1 more, electrical engine replacement. I can't do away with those just yet. :P

I do have ideas for some Forestry item replacements, but they're not first on the priority list. If you search through these boards a bit, there are several threads on how to use existing machinery to substitute for most Forestry items. Also, it will still be able to use Forestry itself now and in the future, though preferably with no consideration of or donation to its author.

So, any idea when this thing gets 1.2.5-compatible so I can finally start draining oceans properly? :)

If it's not easy to apply yet then how much work would it be to rip out only the fluid changes and port them to 1.2.5 separately? I mean are they dependant on the other stuff in your mod making separating them complicated? I wouldn't dare ask you to do this separation obviously, I'd do it myself. I'd just roughly like to know the scope of the thing that needs doing.

So, is this thing 1.2.5-compatible yet so I can finally start draining oceans properly? :)

No, I support recommended builds only. Considering I'm not making a mod, but rather I'm editing and knitting existing mods, it makes no sense to support something before its release (even if I internally develop for newer versions to be ready when it happens).

Heh, I noticed the MC version in the title right after I posted the last message and edited it appropriately. Sucks to have this little problem that I tend to skip most stuff in parenthesis as it's usually not important.

It would be trivial to make a vanilla version that has only the base tweaks since those parts of MC are largely unchanged so I'd just have to recompile. Didn't think anyone would want it.

Only reason why I want the vanilla version is that IC isn't supported in 1.2.5 yet. Once it is and your mod gets ported I'm going to be using it for sure as the other stuff is quite nice as well.

If all it takes is recompiling the vanilla changes files then I can probably do it myself quite easily. No need for you to waste your precious time on it and rather use it to make stuff more awesome :)

Well, I'm sure it'll take me at least another 5-6 hours before I could get anything to work as I'm still at work for a few hours and probably setting up the dev environment will take some time as well. If it really is a matter of a couple of minutes for you then I won't mind and I'm sure there are a few other people that might be interested in it as well.

Then again if you rob me of a reason to set up the dev environment then I probably won't do it any time soon :D

With the release of IC2 for 1.2.5 the plans for doing the compiling myself got postponed, unfortunately so I'll have to hope you'll do it yourself :)

Though I was wondering if the change also works with BC oil? Obviously the patch to vanilla wouldn't probably have this (unless oil is just a weird version of water or something) and I didn't notice anything relevant in the source.

It does not work with oil but that is a feature I plan to include in the future.

I assume now you need a Forge-compatible version? Are you using a Technic dev build or a self-assembled?

I threw together this for the moment.

http://j-a-k-j.com/Foo125.zip

kr.class will make your water finite (meaning source blocks are gone for good).

agh.class will prevent all explosions from destroying blocks but leave everything else.

Built against 1.2.5 with Forge 3.1.2.96 and Java 6. Let me know if they don't work or if you want something else instead. I'm going to work on the full version with configuration later, but for now that should get you sorted.

Thanks a ton once more. Unfortunately I can't test it for some 16h or so as I'm just about to go to sleep but I'll surely do it tomorrow after work. Btw, does it require a new world or can I just use it on an existing one without having to find a place with unloaded chunks to make the "new" liquids work?

I do have ideas for some Forestry item replacements, but they're not first on the priority list. If you search through these boards a bit, there are several threads on how to use existing machinery to substitute for most Forestry items. Also, it will still be able to use Forestry itself now and in the future, though preferably with no consideration of or donation to its author.

Well yeah I have noted the machines, but my main priority is a source of renewable fuel. I don't care what it takes to make this "renewable" fuel, or how long it will burn actually. I just need a replacement for fuel. The electric engines I can understand. Thanks for your time though. :)