In Defense of Equivalent Exchange

I suppose EE is probably overpowered when you compare it to other mods, but honestly it could be a lot worse. In tekkit the mod's best (and most expensive) items have horrible bugs which render them useless. For example, Redmatter/Darkmatter/gem armours don't provide any protection and allow you to get killed very easily when worn. Another example is the Pedestal, which simply doesn't do anything due to a similar bug.

In any case, I hope EE doesn't get removed from tekkit as honestly it's a b**** and a half setting up a server & client every time I want to play a new EE update with my friend.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost all of your points in your post defending EE just states how its not overpowered PvP wise. Most EE items give players the ability to get items alot easier without taking the time to actually go out and collect/mine them.

• 3 weeks later...

It doesn't make much sense to be able to get essentially anything you want after finding only 9 diamonds. Also, the solar collectors can work even at night if you have pumpkins!

As for the pvp aspect, nobody in their right minds would make red matter armor against others with nano sabers... But with EE quantum suits now have a lot more mass noob-slaying power.

EE is cool, but it needs to be restructured so to prevent creative mode from evolving from it. I like brickeds' suggestion of nerfing it.

I didn't have much of an opinion on EE when I first started playing. Tried it a bit on SSP, didn't mind it, but preferred the technological / mechanical side of things, so mostly played without it. It was when I started playing on a server that didn't have EE installed that I started really disliking the mod, heh. Despite it stating clearly in the server thread that all of EE was disabled, people would log on, discover "WAT, NO EE?" and instead of going to find another server, usually stick around spamming about how gay the server is until they're either banned, kicked or enough of the server /ignores them that they give up. So unfortunately I've just gotten exposed to a lot of whiny kids who want to be handed a lot of free stuff as early in the game as possible. Valid reason to dislike the mod itself, maybe not - but I'd be a lot more willing to just say it's not my taste and ignore it if this weren't the case.