CraftandEnchant Mod

DarkKlotz

Anyone having problems out of this mod? Anytime a user on our server opens a enchantment table, the server will crash. I can attach a crash report if needed, just let me know. After chatting with the developer of the mod, he says we need to update to a new version, but I can't do that because then people cannot connect to our server due to the client side version being incorrect.

Anyone experienced this and found a work around?

He is correct. The server is still on 1.2.1 and hasn't been updated yet. I am starting to wonder if it could be a plugin conflict somewhere, because I setup another server on a box at home, and the mod is working correctly. But nothing we have should interfere with enchanting.

Ah, yeah, I know there was an individual by the name of Defectuous in #technic who decided to get an MCPC+ version of Big Dig together, and I remember that they eventually got it working but not without throwing out C&E. I never learned the details of why, but I guess now we know. I doubt it's an issue with any plugins per se, but C&E and bukkit just don't like each other.

Best I can tell from talking to the developer of C&E is that it simply doesn't get along with MCPC+ in its current version. There is an alternate version of C&E to use but then players could not connect to our server without upgrading C&E on their client. Basically we have to use MCPC+ in order for GriefPrevention to function.

Is it possible to completely get rid of C&E and still have players able to connect to our server without client modification?

Deleting the mod server side might work, but it really depends on whether it changes basic Minecraft stuff (like Railcraft overrides carts). A little experimentation will soon find that out, and if it does break it it's easy to fix. Try that, and in most cases it won't cause any problems clientside or server side.