[TC][3.1.2] Parsonage [LPVP][50 Slot][Open][Residence][Mcmmo][NO EE][NO BALKONS][TeamSpeak]

soulgriever

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading your chat through the dynamic map and saw that I was banned for 'griefing'. I feel that it is a tad unfair to ban me without allowing me to defend myself for these false accusations. My actions wouldn't be considered 'griefing' unless killing someone falls under that. My reputation on the server went down in flames after the first couple days of me killing some people that were being assholes to me for the lack of a better word. Also if they consider the things that I done 'griefing' then they need to watch the tutorial videos on how to use residence. If you don't have your house protected, I don't think it should be considered 'griefing' if you take a few items here and there from unprotected chests.

I don't know, but I really enjoy playing this server and hope we could work something out to remove the 5 day ban because I don't think I could function properly without playing Minecraft and I do not want to leave this server.

Server Review:

I have played this server for a couple weeks now and offer the following review for others thinking of joining.

Disclamer: this review is based on my play and enjoyment of a server and the style of play I look for when entering a multiplayer environment. by no means is this review going to be written in stone review it is based on my opinion of the various categories and would be shocked if 100% of the community agrees with my review but I do attempt to keep it objective and unbiased.

Server: The Server itself for US and Canada users is remarkably stable and lag free with many Tekkit servers running on inferior VPS / memory servers this one appears to have the "Right Stuff" I experience random to be expected lag now and then but never for any length of time to hinder my enjoyment on the server. Response to actions is as good as if i was playing single player no noticeable "popping of blocks" lag at all. I did encounter 1 crash where the server was unavailable over the whole 2 week period the admin quickly restarted the server soon as he was aware of the problem total downtime maybe 3 hours. I would rank this category 9 out of 10.

Setup - Plug-ins: The server is setup as a PVP with economy and self protection (purchased with economy) I do find the economy to be a bit "out of wack" and it was about 5 days playing before someone in chat mentioned you can sell most of the vanilla blocks like cobble to the server using the /sell command. What I expected to do was by hunting monsters as a source of income to protect your first residence is where I find there could be improvement to the hunting rewards to encourage more hunting and less mass digging at the start just to accumulate funds as well as a lack of information at spawn (mostly due to a map reset) informing players of the different ways they can make money on the server. There also is a Web Based store you can gain a quick start by purchasing items / currency to support the server via a buy-craft plug-in or off their website all of the packages are very reasonable at just $1 with the largest package of $7 not counting their donation packages just to support the server. Being a PVP server open to anyone who wants to join be prepared to be gang jumped by PVP greifers who love to hound on new players as you see in some of the above posts too much of this will constitute a harassment ban for 5 days continue and you'll receive more permanent actions. The protection plug-in "Residence" is used and after a brief reading / video tutorial (both located -linked- on the server website) I was well on my way with protection. EE is fully disabled which for me is exactly what I was seeking as a adult player I agree with the admin of this server EE is way to overpowered and unbalancing to be in a multiplayer environment. Only 1 other plug-in is disabled which is wireless red stone due to how unstable it can be. All other Tekkit mods are working and ID's open for use. I find this setup to be "the best of both worlds" appealing to both the creative survival player who isn't interested in PVP they can fully protect and turn off PVP in their residence and to the die-hard PVP who want to do some faction warfare or some endgame battles. the one weakness of this model being a open server and PVP everywhere till you protect you can find periods of what I can just describe as idiots camping edges of protected zones waiting for you to slip up and wack you for your stuff and teleporting to run away. With the same periods being very hard for a newcomer to the server to gain a solid start. I do think if PVP is a serious aspect of this server the ability to /warp /home /tp for users should be disabled to give fighting chance for real PVP fights and if you do loose the fight and your too far away to get back without using /back would be a welcome improvement. I would rank this category as a 6 out of 10 as I think there is a fair amount of balancing to do but compared to most its one of the best attempts to provide a server for both the care bears and the PVP’s I have seen in a long time.

Staff: Not much to say here I interacted with most of the mods on the server and the admin the "senior staff" are very fair and reasonable some of the lower mod's have room to improve their relations with the players to become a bit more professional and represent the server as the environment that the admin is attempting to promote. Over the 2 week period I observed a few mod's abusing their privileges but never to any extreme to impact my enjoyment and play on the server. I would rank this category 7 out of 10 with improvements that could be made with Moderator choices.

Community: Here is where the server appears to be growing the strongest it is quickly gaining over my 2 week period a small and growing community of players enjoying playing Tekkit / Bukkit together both supporting and helping each other with builds. That said being open there's been observed allot of the "fly by night" hackers / greifers / op beggars / EE flamers that come and go but in general the players you meet over a 2 week period that are regulars on the server are welcoming and helpful of all players. I would rank this category 7 out of 10 with improvements that could be made on promotion of community and working together and a more if there ever can be more improvements to the amount of "asshats".

Summary: I found this to be one of the best stable servers to play on reaction time wise if you didn't have chat popping up you would swear you were playing single player. I think the Admin who’s really good with the server administration role still has work to do but it is one of the best servers I have seen hosted in a very long time. Combined score I would rank this Server 7.5 out of 10 Great server! I look forward to more playing on this server and will be here until I find a new "Better Then This King of the Hill"

Regards,

Bruteman

bruteman that has got to be the best server review i have ever seen and the most in-depth. I thank you so much for that an glad that overall you enjoy our server so much.

ChaCol, I will lift the ban if you can ease up on the pvp an grief, An occasional raid is perfectly fine but from the way i was told was you were one of two who were basicly camping to attack

Heyy guys,

It's Ryan287 :)

So i've been playing this server for a while now and wow...

Best tekkit server out there, for thoose who think EE should be enabled you totaly wrong, it would make us have loads of bugs and map corruptions not to mention the fact that it could totaly ruin out community.

Our commity at the moment is really well at spawn we have a really nice market where you can go and buy lots of nice items for low prices, I particualy like the fact that money is rather easy to earn with killing mobs, selling mat's ect, the players in the community are great, we all help out each other and help support the rules.

Also the plugins on the server are amazing, (A few examples: Mob Catcher, BuyCraft, Residences, DynMap, Rollback Protection and Respawning enderdragons) with the residence plugin there is no way to complain about griefing or killing each other also it allows you to claim land so that people know that you build it, if any newbies join the server /msg me in game if you need help using this tool, also the DynMap is really good (you will find this at: http://parsonage.co/?page_id=64 ) it helps you go to locations which are undiscovered and find biomes, volcanoes and even jungles also there is a feature where you can find out where caves are too.

Moving on, the staff are really good, it's none of this stupid spawning business, no the mods and admins also play 100% legitly, I sometimes even play with some of the mods, the main staff that are on when I play and I give credit too are Spunkie, Couch, Corey and Kax.

But! I can't finish this category without mentioning the guy himselft, SoulGriever, as you are most likely aware SoulGriever is the server owner and if I may say, he does an excellent job about it, he manages situations in the best possible way, and doesn't tend to 'pick sides', and is certainly not one of them Owners which are a pain in the ass who use caps, shout at everyone and kill new players, Infact I don't think we could have a better owner than SoulGriever, Soul also does not spawn items, so if your griefed (See rule 6 for details) when you have a residence he won't just spawn your items back, instead the griefer has to get them back for you :D, I have experienced this with a player called SS, he is an actual nightmare and griefed me, but moderator Corey is sorted it out for me, Corey has told him to get me my diamonds which he stole back :D, I find this more appropriate then spawning items for the fact that owners should not have to be spawning items all the time, and also that way it's keeping the server 100% legit.

As I said there is a plugin called BuyCraft, BuyCraft allows you to donate for items, and who could argue at them prices! The best donation prices I have ever seen on a server and, the combination of item's soul picks are also rather great, theres not much mroe I can really say about this but, it is totaly worth donating to the server

In Conculsion I think this server has got to be the best minecraft server I have ever played, from vanilla up to tekkit, it is amazing and i'm not just saying that, I have never found a server with all of theese benefits and bonuses in one server, yes i've played server and it may have some of theese but not all, and this is pretty strange to say to be honest as i'm an op on a different server and could do what ever I want, but I guess, keeping legit with a great community, staff and plugins is better than sticking to a small server, with no rules, community nor plugins.

Thanks for reading,

Credit to Soul Griever for making this excellent server

Just to end this review I will post a picture of the house I made, because of my dedication to the server.

Ryan

2012-07-11_215725.png

NameNotAvailable I hope the overhauls have fixed the issues you have been experiencing lately. An as for the downtime today, that was my bad as well as logblocks. It is not meeting the expectations I had for it and is actually working WORSE then the other two rollback plugins we have tried. Anyways it didn't shutdown properly earlier and froze up during out routine server restarts we have from time to time, and I didnt stay on to make sure the server restarted properly, THUS my bad. Swatchdog has currently updated an I am replacing LB again with Watchdog, aside from a few errors here an there watchdog has been the best roll back system we have used an hopefully with the new update it will even fix the errors ;) again sorry about the down time today and as always I am continuing to strive to make parsonage a better place to enjoy your tekkit experience.

uhm i cant log in to the server it says i have the wrong forge version

I just thought I'd let you all know that as we speak the server is going 3.1.1 the migration should be relatively painless please update your clients though

you need to update your client ;)

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons