LAMP+Solder Installation.

plokami666

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having a problem when I try to import the modpack solderapi appears that the name is already in use, I tried many names, such as "jffjjdkska". but when I do not choose the option to import the solderapi and put the exact name, it creates the modpack smoothly.

• 2 weeks later...

How do I create a mod pack in Solder?

Your guides on how to install and use solder don't say where to put modpack resources in solder and I can't figure it out myself.

Your guide on how to use says how to upload and configure mods for packs in solder, but not the packs themselves.

P.S. Also asked in this unofficial support thread for solder

for some reason it keeps failing saying

Make sure all the resources required exist before submitting a pack!

I've got everything in the right place

I've got the slug directory of my test pack matching the slug exactly.

I've spelled everything right.

Is there anything other then the three images that are required without it saying so?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know what this might mean? :

root@vps:~# cd /var/www

root@vps:/var/www# php artisan migrate:install

PHP Fatal error: Class 'Autoloader' not found in /var/www/application/start.php on line 61

Fatal error: Class 'Autoloader' not found in /var/www/application/start.php on line 61

root@vps:/var/www#

I did Change the numeric value to 775 and tick the box that reads Recurse Into Subdirectories.

Im wondering if that wasn't enough maybe.

I followed this exaclty. I fresh installed it 3 times. Il try some more things but if anyone know what i can do that would be great!

--------------------------------

I figured it out! This guide was made when the files come with a normal config folder, now it is a config-sample folder that you have to copy the contents to a new config folder then edit them. Same thing with a file called: public/.htaccess-sample

There is a small guide on the TechnicSolder solder github here aswell and issue tracker:

https://github.com/TechnicPack/TechnicSolder

-------------------------------

Also does anyone know if you can change the port to the solder login page? My free vps can portforward, but I either don't knwo the right port I need or, need to be able to change it so i can go to xx.xxx.xx.xx:1234 to get to the solder login page

• 1 month later...

followed the guide twice now resetting the vps fully inbetween both times when i try to access solder i get

Unhandled Exception

PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/msql.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/msql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Unknown on line 0

mysql is definatly running (i used it to create the database after all)

everything told to install on the guide was installed

only difference was that i didnt have a config file, but there was a config-sample which had the same files mentioned so i renamed that to config

hmmm it seems that in the php5 file theres a line extension=msql.so

easy to mistake for the proper one ...commented it out and got a permission error instead

googled the permission error and it seems you have to 777 the storage folder, the permission error then went away

*edit

but how do you add mods?

from the page it seems to be you upload them manualy but it says :

/mods/[modslug]/

/mods/[modslug]/[modslug]-[version].zip

what is a modslug?

how do you deal with mods that are jar files not zip files (i know there sort of zips in disguise)

does it mean we dont have to fill any info out on the program itself ie does it autodetect the mods if thier in the right format?

but how do you add mods?

from the page it seems to be you upload them manualy but it says :

/mods/[modslug]/

/mods/[modslug]/[modslug]-[version].zip

what is a modslug?

how do you deal with mods that are jar files not zip files (i know there sort of zips in disguise)

does it mean we dont have to fill any info out on the program itself ie does it autodetect the mods if thier in the right format?

First of all, this guide is a little outdated. Sorry you had troubles with it, glad you could remedy the issue.

On the subject of adding mods: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/using-solder.47049/

I also wrote that but it seems to have fallen to oblivion.

First of all, this guide is a little outdated. Sorry you had troubles with it, glad you could remedy the issue.

On the subject of adding mods: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/using-solder.47049/

I also wrote that but it seems to have fallen to oblivion.

np, had a bit of help from another solder user (Thank you MoMoNasty! your a star) and i popped on here to say i had fixed it and share the method, your link saves me the latter :)

the double mods/mods/ issue some may have ...i know i did.. stems from the fact the api now appends /mods/ to the link in repo_location and mirror url (in the solder.php in config) so you just need to make sure the trailing mods/ is removed from the config and your all golden :)

thank you for the guide, outdated in areas or not it was still EXTREMELY helpful also a big thanks to sct for making solder and opensourcing it, wish more developers were that kind and helpful, this should fix my update woah client side, even if its a little more work for me admin side :)

well its taken me nearly 12 hours but i have all the mods i use on solder

i have the server configured with out id conflicts

created a test client in multimc and it worked

so created a pack on solder, linked it to the technic platform site

found my uuid by loading up an already made pack and added the uuid to solder client list

ok in modpack edit screen i unticked hidden and clicked "edit modpack" to save it ...

Unhandled Exception

mkdir(): Permission denied

/var/www/application/controllers/modpack.php on line 254

Stack Trace:

#0 /var/www/laravel/laravel.php(42): LaravelError::native(2, 'mkdir(): Permis...', '/var/www/applic...', 254)

#1 [internal function]: Laravel{closure}(2, 'mkdir(): Permis...', '/var/www/applic...', 254, Array)

#2 /var/www/application/controllers/modpack.php(254): mkdir('/var/www/public...')

#3 [internal function]: Modpack_Controller->action_do_edit('1')

#4 /var/www/laravel/routing/controller.php(325): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#5 /var/www/laravel/routing/controller.php(285): LaravelRoutingController->response('do_edit', Array)

#6 /var/www/laravel/routing/controller.php(165): LaravelRoutingController->execute('do_edit', Array)

#7 /var/www/laravel/routing/route.php(153): LaravelRoutingController::call('modpack@do_edit', Array)

#8 /var/www/laravel/routing/route.php(124): LaravelRoutingRoute->response()

#9 /var/www/laravel/laravel.php(167): LaravelRoutingRoute->call()

#10 /var/www/public/index.php(34): require('/var/www/larave...')

#11 {main}

went back and the box was unticked still so figured it was an ignorable error

went to "my mod" section on the technic launcher and choose to create a mod pack

imported my solder one, all well so far

then in the launcher i clicked add modpack and pasted in my platform url, the mod pack appeared (using default images for now but thats ok)

clicked launch and technic crashed instantly

generated this error http://pastebin.com/7AMTzVLp

I think solder doesnt have permission to make what ever files it needs to make to setup the mod pack...but then its all done in mysql so shouldnt be an issue?

im at a loss as to how to fix itand since its 0640 here and i have been at it for more then 12 hours i really need sleep, if anyone can see why this is happening and let me know how to fix it i would be most greatful

Relevent info:

solder version : TechnicSolder v0.6-DEVserver its hosted on: ubuntu 12.04 server os running on a dedicated vps

database type:mysql

owner group for all files in www (mrgreaper:mrgreaper) this user has root access ***im thinking here be the issue but im not sure and after getting all the mods in the list etc i dont want to mess about un needlessly unless i know it is the issue

ummm not sure what other details are needed

For the Apache Webserver configuration, I seem to be in a dilemma. :S

I have a website hosted on the same server box. The Webserver's root directory is set to /var/www/, which reads the website. If I were to change the directory to /var/www/public/, it wouldn't load the webiste anymore. Is there possibly a way where I can have the Solder and the website coincide with each other?