Why is Factorization not included?

BigRybo

The question is as stands. Why was Factorization not included in the Tekkit modpack? It's updated to 1.5.1, and it adds many key things, such as the router block. Alongside that, it adds a way to get power from the sun, a feature that was removed when Red Power 2 and Industrial Craft 2 were removed from the Tekkit modpack. That's not even close to mentioning the many unique blocks it adds, such as the furnace heater, and the ability to triple ore output, at the cost of effort. Also, as according to the Factorization page, it appears that the Technic pack, and Tekkit would have permission to use the mod. So why not include Factorization?

We spoke with a large number of users about their experience with factorization. While nobody was particularly hostile to it, the users we spoke to used the following factorization features:

- Barrels

- Wrath Lamps

- A couple people used the packager.

- No really, that's it.

While it's true that factorization does provide solar power which is a new type of generator, something we lack, we would also have been required to include Power Converters to make it work. Also, the solar tower produces such a tiny amount of energy given the space and materials it requires that we could not actually find someone who had made one. Every user who used the packager did so using Power Converters to draw factorization power from other sources- we could find no evidence that our users would be inclined to use factorization solars for anything. More likely, users would continue to power their factories off of the handful of buildcraft generators already included in Tekkit, just like they are now.

Essentially, it is a mod that is used because it has a couple unique features, but which nobody actually enjoys using. Instead of including it, we set out to find alternatives. Deep Storage Units make a superior alternative to barrels, Greg's Lighting makes a superior alternative to wrath lamps (but had to be pulled due to an issue at the last moment, and will be going back in soon), and autocrafters are a more annoying packager alternative. I'd like to see a better alternative to the packager, but it's not a terribly common use case.

I hope this answers your question sufficiently.

I've tried a few different charge power solutions, if you're using the tools in the mod then they're perfectly fine. If you're trying to say power a buildcraft machine or ic2 machine with them they're completely junk.

The only good arguments I can use for factorization is barrels and routers, extremely innovative, useful and barrels at least are early enough game that they are really the only early game item available that is adequate to store the cobble/dirt coming from a quarry that you plan on filling back in using a filler. I love routers. The power is crap though and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Also worth noting barrels can be moved with a gravity gun and some chest moving mods.

barrels at least are early enough game that they are really the only early game item available that is adequate to store the cobble/dirt coming from a quarry that you plan on filling back in using a filler

I keep hearing people say this, but the truth is that in tekkit, a Deep Storage Unit only costs:

8 logs

4 iron

4 glass

4 rubber

1 gold

I know that's a lot more than a barrel, but a single rubber tree and a quick trip under ground is enough. On top of that, DSUs store 2 BILLION items and you can break the DSU and the items stay within! Three DSUs is among the very first things I put into my base.

I keep hearing people say this, but the truth is that in tekkit, a Deep Storage Unit only costs:

8 logs

4 iron

4 glass

4 rubber

1 gold

I know that's a lot more than a barrel, but a single rubber tree and a quick trip under ground is enough. On top of that, DSUs store 2 BILLION items and you can break the DSU and the items stay within! Three DSUs is among the very first things I put into my base.

This depends on the server you are on

Vanilla recipes, NOT easy mode recipes

3 Ender Pearls, 2 Eyes of Ender, 3 Plastic sheets and a factory machine block

But that aside, agreed, MFR over factorisation

Well, I'm describing the recipe as set in the tekkit configuration. You're right that a server owner could change it. I do believe that the hard mode thermex recipe uses a filled tesseract though, and doesn't require blaze powder like the hard mode vanilla recipe.