IndustrialCraft2?

sergi

Just going to throw this out there, but purposefully recommending beta versions of a mod that hasn't had a stable public release in six months, that is known to be highly buggy and not intended for normal use, to a person (especially when they intend to install it for server use), is a really dick thing to do when you do not warn them about the fact that it is not intended for public use. Linking them to some hack's site who is rehosting the mod in hopes of ad revenue and doesn't state the issues with that version, is also a dick thing to do.

How would you like it if you were looking for a solution for an issue with your OS or what have you and some random guy offered a patch that wasn't ready for public release, didn't warn you that it was an unfinished patch not meant for use, and then the patch seriously wrecks your shit?

Stop spreading that version around. :/

my friends asked me if I can add Industrialcraft2 to the mod. Can you tell me if it's possible, and if it is, how?

I gave the OP what he wanted. He wanted some form of IC2 and that is a form of IC2.

Also, I did not say: "You should use this as it is amazing and spectacular!" No. I did not recommend, I just infomed of it's beta existence.

If you own a server, and you don't look into the mods you are adding and just toss in anything that you get linked to because it seems to have the right name, I just can't find any sympathy for you. Linking him to the quasi-updated IC2 seems perfectly reasonable. He can evaluate it himself.

I gave the OP what he wanted. He wanted some form of IC2 and that is a form of IC2.

Also, I did not say: "You should use this as it is amazing and spectacular!" No. I did not recommend, I just infomed of it's beta existence.

"Use this" is still the same as recommending it. You are still at fault of providing a link to a buggy, unsupported, beta version of a mod without telling the person you told to "use this" any of that. I am just saying that maybe be careful with what you hand out to people. "He was asking for a version of IC2, I gave him what he wanted" is not an excuse to push buggy broken mods on players who might not know there are major issues with that version of the mod.

Again, I did not push. I gave a single link with nothing more. I did not say: "use this". I did not say anything. Its his chose to use it and I am by no means endoercing it. Why dont you just drop this? It realy does not matter.

Even if he had a full cheerleading squad out here chanting "Use that beta IC2!" it would of made no difference. If the server owner can't evaluate mods and doesn't keep backups and such, then it is inevitable that his server will go down in a giant pile of flaming ducks. Providing information should always be a positive. It is up to him what he does with that info.