Questions about New tekkit

Wickesoul14

So since they destroyed the original basis of Tekkit and removed everything that made tekkit tekkit. I have some questions to be asked since there is also no wiki out there with any relevant information to the new updates

1. with no IC2 there is no longer a sufficient way to power any machines that have come with the new TE mod without needing an unrealistic upsurd amount of coal that without the EE mod you just can't keep up with since redstone engines got nerfed so bad they can't power anything expect chests as where I use to be able to use 4 to do a quarry which doesn't work either anymore. What are we supposed to do about producing mass amounts of power to power multiple machine facilities.

2. How are we supposed to transport the little amount of energy that can be created to the different machines since cables have been removed with IC2 (I think it was IC2 they were in glass fiber cables etc). Or are we just supposed to make power supplies right next to each machine ?

3. How are we supposed to charge anything now I can't find that anywhere either ? Stuff like the redstone energy cell works well for charging machines however there doesn't seem to be a way to charge the redstone energy cells ?

This is just the current problems I'm facing starting out on the new tekkit I'm sure as I get passed some of this if there is even a way there will be more issues later on that they messed up but if anyone could please allude to how some of these things are supposed to be done please feel free to share and also please no trolls your immature and no one wants you around

1. Engines, not generators. Higher tier engines put out more power.

2. Conductive pipes transfer power. Phased conductive pipes transfer it without a connection. Tessreact's also transfer items, liquids and power with no connections.

3. Redstone energy cells are charged the same way the machines are. If you can power a machine with an engine, you can charge an energy cell with one. If you can power a machine with a conductive pipe, you can charge an energy cell with one. They can also be picked up and moved without losing their charge.

Redstone energy cells and redstone conduit are the go to method of power storage and transfer. You need to look up more about what thermal expansion has to offer. And self sustaining high energy is still available, much the same as using solars or water mill plants. But you are going to have to build a sleekly designed automated setup.

The way you charge redstone cells is in an Energetic Infuser. You put it in there and it charges it.

And about the transmission of MJ power, you can use BC pipes or redstone energy conduits. BC conductive pipes are the primitive "dumb" pipes, which have a loss PER pipe, whereas redstone energy conduits won't explode and have a fixed energy loss of 5% over the whole conduit distance.

The way you charge redstone cells is in an Energetic Infuser. You put it in there and it charges it.

You don't even need the Infuser unless you've got a powersuit or some other chargeable non-block. Energy cells can be stuck right on the conduit and recieve a charge.

1. Steam and Magmatic Engines don't explode and will help you a lot!

2. Redstone Energy Conduits are better than IC2 power cables

3. Like I said, you can stick RECs right on the conduit or conductive pipe of your choosing and input/output power.

In order to get energy cells and conduits in survival you're gonna need a magma crucible to melt redstone, a liquid transposer to put the redstone in the empty conduits/cell frames and probably an igneous extruder to get the obsidian required for the frames. (How bout those TE machine names, huh?) Just figured I'd help you get started on your way up the TE tech tree.

Alternatively - if you are overall disatified with the results of the latest updates - you can always incorporate your own mods.

I've added forestry, thaumcraft, ic2, railcraft, and a couple other "neccessities". That's what makes this modpack so great for me, it's a base with room to expand and no crippling restrictions on what i can do.

Heck, I can even change the directory to trick mods like GregTech into thinking im not using Technic.

Full instructions on creating your own modpack are on these forums.

You don't even need the Infuser unless you've got a powersuit or some other chargeable non-block. Energy cells can be stuck right on the conduit and recieve a charge.

1. Steam and Magmatic Engines don't explode and will help you a lot!

2. Redstone Energy Conduits are better than IC2 power cables

3. Like I said, you can stick RECs right on the conduit or conductive pipe of your choosing and input/output power.

In order to get energy cells and conduits in survival you're gonna need a magma crucible to melt redstone, a liquid transposer to put the redstone in the empty conduits/cell frames and probably an igneous extruder to get the obsidian required for the frames. (How bout those TE machine names, huh?) Just figured I'd help you get started on your way up the TE tech tree.

I knew that, but sometimes you don't want to break'n'place if charging it like a Lapotron crystal is easier.

I knew that, but sometimes you don't want to break'n'place if charging it like a Lapotron crystal is easier.

Oh, also, you can shift-click any TE machine (including ducts/conduits/cells) with a Crescent Hammer or Omniwrench to pick it up instantly.

Oh, also, you can shift-click any TE machine (including ducts/conduits/cells) with a Crescent Hammer or Omniwrench to pick it up instantly.

Or just a plain ol' BuildCraft wrench.

In my experience, magmatic engines are your go-to power source for mid-end game power. Just one magmatic engine can run something around 7-8 pumps, which will fill the engine powering them and provide enough lava for a igneous extruder and easily ten mag engines for power.