False-positive on Technic Launcher?

Chemikalische

I downloaded the Technic Launcher from technicpack.net and shortly after scanned my computer as part of routine checks.

It then displayed the launcher as Trojan.Agent.VGENX, so I got rid immediately. It was scanned on an outdated late 2012 version of malwarebytes and I was wondering if this was a known false-positive, or in fact a true trojan.

Thanks in advance!

(many apologies if not in the correct forum section - this looked like the most likely place to post this)

There's easily a million people using Technic Launcher very regularly. If you don't think any of them have ever thought to scan it before, or even had any problem with it before, wouldn't they have brought it up by now?

• Moderators

Sources tell me that the Launcher is a SUPER virus.... It's like a regular virus, only Super!

I'm gonna ask my mum ( who has no idea what Technic or even a mod is) if I should still download this....

I dunno, my Windows Antispyware 2013 that microsoft installed on my computer automatically is telling me the launcher, java itself, and lots and lots of files in my windows and program files folders are all viruses and it's thankfully keeping all of those evil viruses from running, including the one that infected my start menu and task manager.

It's only $150 to fix them all, but my bank won't let me send money to microsoft in china (when did they relocate?) so I gotta wait till I can get a new credit card to give them the number.