Warp gone? How do I get it back?

Hairball

Hey,

Me and the mrs. recently restarted playing Minecraft and found out there was a new Tekkit. We've rented a 1.06 server and one of the things we miss most is a WARP functionality. (the mrs. tends to misplace herself in the world a lot;) ).

Is it really missing? If yes, is there a way to get it back? If yes, which mod and how do I get that working?

NB: I am running a testserver locally where I tried to install easywarp but it simply doesn't show up. Not if I place the JAR file in MODS nor COREMODS.

Any help would be appreciated.

You can use a rift signature to make two rifts that connect to each other. You'll be able to teleport back and forth between them. Good for traveling long distances without having to walk all that way.

• Discord Moderator

You'll need to install a provider for Bukkit. Either MCPC+ (with my hearty recommendation) or BukkitForge.

It is quite simple.

• Just download the latest build of MCPC+ from here: http://ci.md-5.net/job/MCPC-Plus/
  • Put the jar in the same folder as the Tekkit.jar and run the MCPC+ jar instead of Tekkit.jar
  • Place whatever plugins you would like into the plugins folder and configure like you would normally do so for Bukkit

You'll need to install a provider for Bukkit. Either MCPC+ (with my hearty recommendation) or BukkitForge.

It is quite simple.

• Just download the latest build of MCPC+ from here: http://ci.md-5.net/job/MCPC-Plus/
  • Put the jar in the same folder as the Tekkit.jar and run the MCPC+ jar instead of Tekkit.jar
  • Place whatever plugins you would like into the plugins folder and configure like you would normally do so for Bukkit

Thanks m8. I've tried this on my test server and it works like a charm. I did edit my launch.bat coming with the server config. Now I only have to figure out how the server is started/restarted at the provider I am renting it with. But thanks for this. This will make the mrs happy and i don't have to fear her wrath for a day or two ;)

• Discord Moderator

Well, then you have to guess what version you are using. Changing your launch script to run the new jar, or better yet making a link to the full MCPC+ jar name and referencing the link, preserves the original file name so it is easy to know which build you are using.

I'm fairly sure it tells you what version on startup. Obviously yours is nicer for checking versions but in practice you are only going to have to do this when Tekkit updates to 1.5.2 and changing the name bypasses the figuring out or if for your host has disabled the ability to change the name of the startup jar.

Edit: Was just suggesting the lazy mans option :P

Hmm, don't know about that seldom upgrade thing. MCPC+ updates FAR more often than MC vanilla for lots of fixes.

But the updates are for the latest version typically ie 1.5.2 so until this is the case updates will be rarer.

Thanks for all the answers guys.

First off: I'm not very into the programming/changing side of things. My question would have been: Can I rename the MCPC to Tekkit.jar, but thats already answered :)

If there is an automated upgrade the worst thing that can happen is that easywarp isn't working again. If I make a backup of the original tekkit.jar I can allways go back.

@euphoreich: That's an option we are already using, but when down in out mine/mazelike structure the only thing she sees is the direction in which she has to go. That's not allways the route to follow and a recipe for disaster :D

I do not believe there is an auto updater (I may be wrong). However you probably won't have any need to update until the next version of Tekkit (1.5.2) when you would have to update all the mods and jars anyway. Then it would just be a case of re-downloading MCPC + and renaming. I hope this helps.