Help with a simple rednet function.

Lostonexxx

Hey guys, Im not the greatest redstone expert, but I know my around. I want to use rednet cabling to operate a pair of lights. I can do it with vanilla redstone, but Im not certain on how to do it using rednet.

The setup is basically,,

[] __ []

Two lights at either side of a room, with a pressure plate inbetween. I want one to be on and one to be off. When walking across the pressure plate, I want them to switch. Which function in the prc would suit this task?

I can throw redstone about and accomplish tasks, but Ive never really been clued in on the names of gates etc. Any push in the right direction would be very greatly appreciated.

Nevermind, was googling binary circuits and found the t-flipflop is the guy Im looking for.

If anyone has a link to a "good" video tutorial on rednet basics, I would be very grateful. The ones Ive seen thus far, tend to be by people who assume you are already familiar with binary circuits, and are just demonstrating the corresponding functions in the prc.

I dunno any good PRC or rednet tutorials, but learning these basically amounts to learning basic logic gates. There are, of course, more advanced gates as well (such as the various latches and memory cells), but you can learn about most of them on either Wikipedia or the Minecraft wiki: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Redstone_circuits

Other than that, you can use the ingame manual, which, if I remember correctly, is book + redstone + plastic sheet.

Nevermind, was googling binary circuits and found the t-flipflop is the guy Im looking for.

If anyone has a link to a "good" video tutorial on rednet basics, I would be very grateful. The ones Ive seen thus far, tend to be by people who assume you are already familiar with binary circuits, and are just demonstrating the corresponding functions in the prc.

I hear you -- I've been struggling with the same (general) problem. I thought myself pretty handy at logic gates, but that was limited to and/or/xor/nor/etc.... other generally basic gates. Now that I've been introduced to things like an SR-Latch I'm realizing I've got a long way to go.

And, like you, everything I find is crazily technical and not a whole lot of practical help (as far as I can tell). So if you find something useful, please post it back here!

Thanks Viktor, Ill take a look at the in game book thing. Ive checked the wiki a few times before, but a refresher is always useful lol.

And if I do weirleader, I shall certainly post back. But its not looking very likely at the moment. I guess Ill just have to keep researching when I have a specific function I require and learn by trial and error.