Customizable Player Proximity Detecting Door

I assume by double sided you mean you built the door twice back to back facing out

Yes.

double or even triple check the port

Gone into the files for both of those computers, the ports are the same, I assume the sending computer would only light up if a whitelisted player is found, I may scrap this and just invert a player detector if I can get it working, but this project is on the other side of the map from where I am working atm so may not get to it for a while.

well im not sure i was under the impression it lights up and stays lit while its connected either way if your standing in front of the detecting computer and its not lit then somthing is either wrong with the ports or with the code it self i havent tested the new release with keys im still using the original so i cant say for sure its not the code

OK I think I may have figured out the problem, for whatever reason I decided to enter some extra names in the names section, I then noticed when I restarted the comp it listed the names I added minus my own, It seems to be ignoring the first name added to the list, I am going to test this further and see if this is correct or whether I am just projecting my programming incompetence onto minecraft.

YEP THAT WAS THE PROBLEM.

Thanks for all your help today Karaktar. Glad we figured it out. Hopefully the Gnome sees this and can correct whatever is causing it, Ya know, I think I know what it may be, it may read the first name as the Key even though its told not to use the key, maybe it is reading that line as the key item, IDK i would have to read through the code again, and I'm not really feeling it atm still gotta work on my 3x3 door.

Working on fixing this. I may have accidentally left some debug and test code in there that could have caused the errors.

EDIT:

Ok fixed the problem. The problem was that if you didn't use the key system the program would skip over the first name you entered. I just had to add 2 lines of code to solve the problem.

Make sure you break the computer with the sensor on top of it and redownload the program from pastebin to get the latest version. I'm gonna be working on a way to reset the parameters for which the door opens in case you want to change who can enter the door, or maybe add or remove the key system. This change has been now added.

Thanks Gnome, I appreciate the work you did here and glad I could help you find the source of the bug(apparently I guess well). It also helps that I know where CC stores all it's files and change parameters there rather than having to break download and re-write everything every time in SSP.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the opposite problem right now. Got the door/computers all set up, downloaded the program, made sure i having matching passcodes and channels, made sure my name was right, the modem is red so i know it's connected, yet the door won't close when i walk away. I'm using a MK I sensor card and i've watched and rewatched your tutorial to make sure i'm not doing something wrong in my setup but it doesn't seem to matter what i do. If i go up to the top terminal it's basically frozen, ENTER works to get into the menu again but if i hold cntrl+T, it terminates, i know it does because the door closes, but the screen doesn't change. The screen will still say "Press ENTER to...."

This seems to be a super cool program you made and I'd love to use it, help is much appreciated!

Edit: I had a friend log in and put his name on the list as well. It wouldn't close no matter what we did.

Having the same issue as the above. I've tried with and without using a key. The doors just stay open no matter what. Even tried skipping a few names and even that doesn't work. I have the exact setup as the video tutorial, had this working a month ago but not now. Anything that we can try out?

Thanks for the quick replies. Is it safe to try and re download the old code?

Btw, thank you so much for the tutorial and code on this project.

I just gave it a try, the key part is gone but there is no place to enter players names, and openDoor is giving a nil: 3

Ok, I made a temporary fix for the issue. I had to remove the feature to reset the settings and I'm looking into a different way to implement this. Everything should be working though for now.

EDIT:

Alright, re-added this feature, but it works slightly differently. If you want to reset the settings of the bottom computer, you need to place a lever in front of it like so

Dpcpzpx.png

Just pull the lever and check the computer, it should ask if you wish to reset the settings.

Make sure you toggle the lever back off, or just remove it, or else it will ask if you want to reset the settings again.

For the top computer everything is the same except you place the lever on top like so

Uy9Efoi.png

• 1 year later...

Hey, I just read your post and it is awesome!
But does this work on tekkit light too? I just tried it and realized two bugs: First: The Image on the sensor isn't a player when I put in the proxy sensor, it is the image from industrial craft 2. The player image comes, when I put in the inventory sensor..
And Second: The door won't open for me. I don't know if he can't recognize me or if it is blocked in the Serverrules/bugged in Tekkit light. (I tried the inventory sensor as well as the Player sensor - No reaction.)

Hope you can help me.