1.3.0 - Any Fixes and Changes?

DmCarter

Will update to Minecraft version 1.5.2, drop support for IC2, RP2 and Mystcraft, and I guess general mod updates across the board. If you haven't seen it, this thread has all the information that has been released thus far afaik.

Edit: I also noticed a new post to the front page that says that a new rendering system will be implemented into the new BigDig tomorrow; I think it's suppose to allow you to see liquids behind transparent blocks.

Will update to Minecraft version 1.5.2, drop support for IC2, RP2 and Mystcraft, and I guess general mod updates across the board. If you haven't seen it, this thread has all the information that has been released thus far afaik.

Edit: I also noticed a new post to the front page that says that a new rendering system will be implemented in the new BigDig tomorrow; I think it's suppose to allow you to see liquids behind transparent blocks.

What do you mean by dropping support for IC2, RP2, and Mystcraft? Do you mean by "removing"?

IC2, RP2 and Mystcraft won't be in the pack any longer; their future inclusion is tentative at best. I just used the term 'drop support' to mean that a person could add them to the pack (assuming they were made compatible at some point in the future), but that any bugs related to those added mods would be ignored by the moderators/maintainers/developers.

IC2 and RP2 are technically dead in the water--no updates for months, and it's time to let them sink into the deeps for the time being.

Mystcraft is still active, just slow at getting a 1.5.2 out. Expect it to be put back in once BinaryMage has a stable build put out.

IC2 and RP2 are technically dead in the water--no updates for months, and it's time to let them sink into the deeps for the time being.

Mystcraft is still active, just slow at getting a 1.5.2 out. Expect it to be put back in once BinaryMage has a stable build put out.

So once IC2 and RP2 actually update to 1.5.2, then Big Dig will be planning on re-adding back the mods at a later time?

So once IC2 and RP2 actually update to 1.5.2, then Big Dig will be planning on re-adding back the mods at a later time?

More like IF they get updated.

It would take a lot of dedication from the RP2/IC2 developers in showing that they plan on supporting their mods for the long-term before the Tekkit team would condsider adding them back in. They don't want a repeat of the last Tekkit.