How to Downgrade to 1.2.2? Having Issues.

Before I get chalked up as a noob, yes, I know there is a gear icon, yes I know to select build, yes I am selecting 1.2.2. The problem is that it acts like it's starting up, asks me if I'd like to update, I say "no", and it then says "extracting...0%" and does not progress forward from there, even when given a good 10 mins or so.

I recall with tekkit lite there was some way to just download any client build and unzip it yourself, can someone point me in the right direction for this?

We reset our server and got all excited about a new Big Dig, but the version updates are driving us crazy, we'd like to go back to 1.2.2 and live in the past for a while until things stabilize. But this time, we're banning RP2... once I discovered the project tables were bugged it was the last straw on that one... Other than that, why go back to tekkit lite when you can have like hyper tekkit lite in ver 1.2.2?

Before I get chalked up as a noob, yes, I know there is a gear icon, yes I know to select build, yes I am selecting 1.2.2. The problem is that it acts like it's starting up, asks me if I'd like to update, I say "no"

Don't do that.