technic launcher mod packs

spiekman168

I feel like mod packs are being abandoned. I think this because first with tekkit, after 1.2.5 they move on to tekkit lite, when have they ever updated since tekkit lite? Then just recently they got a space tekkit (i like to call it that), so are they abandoning the packs or making more and updating the others very slowly?

The packs are archived, not abandoned, the only pack that has been abandoned is Technic (SSP) because it was merged into Lite which was created when the team stopped waiting for BukkitForge to update

Any official pack in the launcher is still being supported even if it's not being updated

Right now the active packs are Tekkit, Big Dig and Voltz AFAIK

• 3 weeks later...

Tekkit Lite is to some degree active, but there isn't a lot of point in updating it, since the two (imo) largest, most complex mods in it, IC2 and RedPower, haven't hit 1.5.x yet.

oooohhhhhh ok i understand now and sorry for the late response i got busy then i forgot.

I would argue that Technic wasn't abandoned, it was ended outright. Deleted. Poof.

In my opinion, an abandoned pack would be YogBox. Neither Technic nor the Yogscast have shown any interest in updating it for a long time. Nearly a year since 1.2, right? IDK, I started playing minecraft midway between 1.2.5 came out and 1.3

Tekkit lite is no longer in the spotlight, but if RedPower and IC2 ever do update there will be demand for a pack with those in it, and I suspect the Technic crew would rather update Tekkit Lite than adding them in to TekkitMain.

The maker of YogBox disappeared ages ago, which is why there's a lack of updates.

Technic got merged with Tekkit Lite. I wouldn't have minded previous versions being available, but in reality it was made redundant and useless by the merging of SMP and SSP. It had no future, basically, or at least not as Technic.