need some help to get started.

Wooteman

Hello all:) i some questions here about to get a good start. i have downloadet the lastes technic pack started up a nice world and got the simple machines. but one thing a don't get by watching much of the videos on youtube, that say you need to use a macmerator and you can doble the iron , gold whatever you put inn it. well i only get 1 dust. and aslo when i did created a wreach to move the machines it didn't work, just destroyed it. i see that mabye there is a hotkey i miss? :P

one more thing. what should i do after this? or what do i need after i have understand those steps?

great if you guys can link some nice tutorial, i haved find any good ones yet.

i wish you guys a good easter and thanks!

Wooteman :DMOD NOTE: Don't sign your posts please. Thanks.

I had posted about the same thing....

I have no answers either Wooteman, but hoping to see someone post here as well.

"Ok, I am starting on a brand new white-listed server and wondering what is the best way to get started.

I am new to the tekkit thing and have looked for tekkit wikis but the ones I hae seen are very bare. Alot of the information I would hope to find is not really listed.

Is there a more robust wiki, or a manual for new players to Tekkit on where to start? I have played Minecraft but would like to get into Tekkit.

What machines should be built first, second, and so on...

Thank you in advance.

Did you put iron ore or an iron ingot into the macerator? If you put an ingot in I think it'll only make one dust, but I don't know, that's just a guess. Putting in an ore gives you two dust though, definitely. As far as the wrench thing goes, it's a chance based fail. I have no idea how much of a chance or if it's the same for every machine but I think with higher level machines it's almost certain to give you a gutted machine block instead. You can make an electric wrench then change it to "lossless" mode to 100% give you the item back but it takes a lot of EU. Go check out the IC2 wiki, it's extremely helpful- except for crops. What the heck are crops, how do I use them?

Also congrats on dodging the pink bullet of shame for signing your post, the mods hath shown ye mercy and smiled upon ye today!

OH SNAP NINJA'D. I love that notification though, Shadelin_Night, there is no one stop shop to learn everything about tekkit (well, there might be but, read on), the best places are the individual wikis themselves, the mods' OP on the Minecraft forums, or that mod's personal forum.

Start with some IC2 power and get atleast a macerater to double the ore you get.

Next choose a path and go to a starting wiki:

Industrialcraft

Buildcraft

Thaumcraft

Equivalent exchange

All of them have a starting wiki, apart from half of them :D (buildcraft and thaumcraft dont have one)

I personally went with EE and IC before i had a lot of resources.

There are a few different wrenches in Technic, because different mods have their own version of the wrench. The IC wrenh is made with 6 bronze in a Y shape (there's another wrench made with 4 bronze in a Y shape too, that one is the wrong one).

Then, right-click on your IC machine with the wrench and it will turn back into an item. Keep in mind there's still a 10% chance you'll only get a machine block back instead when using the wrench.

A macerator will turn ores into 2 dusts. It will macerate ingots too but those only turn into one dust.