Help - how does the new launcher work?

GLNW20002

Thanks Maxis for your answer. - which gave me the clue to what I was doing wrong.

Instead of selecting "Run" option, I have selected "Save", and the .exe file came into my Download bucket, which I could then put on to my Desktop. Now the Launcher works.

What I was doing wrong was "running" the launcher off of the internet, so never found the .exe file. (most probably the wrong technical language)

Thanks Maxis for your answer. - which gave me the clue to what I was doing wrong.

Instead of selecting "Run" option, I have selected "Save", and the .exe file came into my Download bucket, which I could then put on to my Desktop. Now the Launcher works.

What I was doing wrong was "running" the launcher off of the internet, so never found the .exe file. (most probably the wrong technical language)

Um, you really don't understand how downloading things works. You weren't running the file from the Internet, you were telling your browser to download the file, save it somewhere, and then run it on your local machine.

Also "Download bucket"? You mean "folder".

Um, you really don't understand how downloading things works. You weren't running the file from the Internet, you were telling your browser to download the file, save it somewhere, and then run it on your local machine.

Also "Download bucket"? You mean "folder".

He got it working. I think we can leave it at that. Thread closed.