issue with server

thehatemaker

server comes up and looks like it has loaded fine... even shows done.

when i go to the technic loader and select big dig log in and try to connect to the server it says server can't be reached...

i'm running 1.3.9 on both.. running server on my own pc...

i'm using log me in himachi. and i was able to connect last week with several people on...

just all of the sudden it quit working...

also nobody else is able to log in.

help please.

server comes up and looks like it has loaded fine... even shows done.

when i go to the technic loader and select big dig log in and try to connect to the server it says server can't be reached...

i'm running 1.3.9 on both.. running server on my own pc...

i'm using log me in himachi. and i was able to connect last week with several people on...

just all of the sudden it quit working...

also nobody else is able to log in.

help please.

Try connecting to the server via loopback address (127.0.0.1).. If you can connect that way its a problem with firewall/port forwarding. I have no experience with himachi so I cant offer any help with that.

If you wish to persist with such wreck-less behavior, make sure your personal firewall installed is not blocking the program.

Hamachi = EPIC BAD. To do my best to not get to complex, its a massive security risk to you and your friends.

That's a rather sweeping statement. Hamachi uses AES-256 encryption, so is as secure as an IPsec or SSL VPN connection. It's actually just down to how the user configures it that makes it insecure, though given that it uses RSA to handshake, a password is fine to allow the level of security that most users need.

Anyway on topic, I'd also advise to try the 127.0.0.1 as the ip address and see what happens - I seem to recall when I ran a similar setup a few years ago Minecraft didn't like connecting to Himachi on my own computer, but the localhost address worked fine.