Infinite Lava?

Velrik Eros

Hey guys, I am completely new to Tekkit, I just downloaded it about 3 days ago and I am hosting my own LAN through hamachi and trying out some new stuff. I am currently trying to build with redstone power since I guess IC2 hasn't been updated and isn't included anymore? That being said I saw today that steam engines can run for 15 minutes on one bucket of lava...pretty freaking sweet! All the videos I saw though are from 6-8 months ago and require things from IC2, any ideas on how to possibly get an infinite lava supply for my steam engines to run? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

First off red power isn't in this tekkit either so not sure what your building with but it ain't that

I'm also going to go ahead and assume you mean magmatic engines and not steam

Next infinite lava far as I know has never been possible legitimately (yes there were some ways in ic2 to accomplish this but it wasn't really legit)

Now then what you should be looking at imo is biofuel so far it appears to be the best set and forget system for continuous power check around the forums there are lots of threads regarding this and good luck and happy tekkiting

Ahh I think the Redstone conduits may be confusing you its still build craft power being transfered jyst in a much more effective way not to mention it looks cool the machines using it are all from a combination of thermo expansion and mine factory reloaded and most don't require any Redstone signal although they can be configured to shutoff when receiving one which is useful for automation

We have a wiki now which should help you get familiar with the new tekkit I'm on my phone so I'm not sure how to just give you the link but I believe it is accessible from the home page of the forums good luck we were all noobs once lol

Found that link you were talking about Karaktar, thx. Toki, how do you supply the magma crucibles with the cobblestone? Is it just a Quarry with some diamond piping to filter where the cobblestone goes which is then directed into a chest near the crucibles? Pheonix, sounds awesome I am gonna try to look into that as well, seems like this may be what I was originally looking for...

Unless the TE wiki is outdated, you can't get infinite power/lava using cobblestone in a magma crucible. It takes 20k MJ to turn a piece of cobblestone into lava, and that lava gives back 18k MJ in a magmatic engine. However, netherack is more efficient and gives more energy than it takes to turn it into lava.

So, for lava energy production, you have a few options. While not really infinite, they can give you a huge amount of power before running out. As mentioned before, you can setup pumps in the nether or a mystcraft age to get massive amounts of lava. Also, if you have plenty of netherack or blaze rods, you can throw them in a magma crucible to produce the lava needed in your magmatic engines.

Unless you already have an excess of power from other sources (biofuel is good for that), there's no way to get a legit infinite lava source. If you just want lava from cobblestone, an igneous extruder can supply the cobblestone you need, but that takes a lot of power.