Tekkit will not launch.

After selecting TEKKIT and pressing the 'Launch' button on the launcher window, the Update field reads: "100% No update for tekkitmain found". There is no further activity afterward. the Launcher Console reads as follows:

Loaded face

Starting download of http://skins.technicpack.net/helm/Keflin_Arivaen/100, with 3 tries remaining

org.spoutcraft.launcher.exceptions.UnknownMinecraftException

at org.spoutcraft.launcher.launch.MinecraftLauncher.getMinecraftApplet(MinecraftLauncher.java:99)

at org.spoutcraft.launcher.GameLauncher.runGame(GameLauncher.java:133)

at org.spoutcraft.launcher.GameUpdater.runGame(GameUpdater.java:81)

at org.spoutcraft.launcher.skin.LoginFrame.onEvent(LoginFrame.java:300)

at org.spoutcraft.launcher.skin.LoginWorker.doInBackground(LoginWorker.java:102)

at org.jdesktop.swingworker.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at org.jdesktop.swingworker.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Implementing class

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at org.spoutcraft.launcher.launch.MinecraftClassLoader.findClassInjar(MinecraftClassLoader.java:169)

at org.spoutcraft.launcher.launch.MinecraftClassLoader.findClass(MinecraftClassLoader.java:143)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at org.spoutcraft.launcher.launch.MinecraftLauncher.setMinecraftDirectory(MinecraftLauncher.java:110)

at org.spoutcraft.launcher.launch.MinecraftLauncher.getMinecraftApplet(MinecraftLauncher.java:86)

... 11 more

There is no more text displayed in the console window, and the launcher remains in this state no matter the length of time given it. My machine stats:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K

RAM: 32 GB

JRE: 7u21 (latest version) - both 32 & 64-bit

BitDefender running with permission for this game allowed and Game Mode set to Auto

Windows Firewall set to allow this game to pass.

As a note: I can run Vanilla Minecraft and Classic Tekkit. I have not tried the others.

Hmmm, might be a shot in the dark, but is your anti-virus trying to quarantine Tekkit while it is loading? I have this issue but I have not heard of anyone else having it. The anti-virus sees the mods in tekkit modifying minecraft during load and thinks they are malicious software, so it tries to block it. But the anti-virus can't recognize them as separate software either. So it all goes into a stalemate with the game not loading past the majong screen.

If you want to try and see if this is the case for you, place your anti-virus in disabled mode for a few seconds, while you try starting tekkit. Just long enough for the game to load. If this lets you get to the Minecraft main screen, then reactivating the anti-virus at this point is advised, and should not effect the game any longer... This load anyways...

If this does not help, then your anti-virus is smarter then mine and is not causing you any issues with minecraft. Hopefully it is nt your anti-virus due to it being a pain having to do this every time the game is started.