How to properly Install Optifine into Hexxit/Technic Modpacks

Skylord_Faris

resolved the java error (i had 32 bit instead of 64).

Still no luck getting Hexxit to run with HD_U_D5

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// Shall we play a game?

Time: 7/30/13 6:20 PM

Description: Failed to start game

org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid value (1281)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Util.checkGLError(Util.java:56)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.swapBuffers(Display.java:645)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71357_I(Minecraft.java:518)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:407)

at net.minecraft.client.MinecraftAppletImpl.func_71384_a(SourceFile:56)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:733)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.5.2

Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1

Java Version: 1.7.0_25, Oracle Corporation

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

Memory: 251098512 bytes (239 MB) / 502792192 bytes (479 MB) up to 2863333376 bytes (2730 MB)

JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx3072m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used

Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0

FML:

LWJGL: 2.4.2

OpenGL: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 550v GL version 3.3.9902 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'

Type: Client (map_client.txt)

Texture Pack: Default

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

It seems that everyone having problems with hexxit/optifine is using a variant of the ATI Mobility Radeon.

Anyway, you might want to just chuck it all together and go for a clean install, starting the game and setting it up at least once and then installing optifine.

I appreciate everyone's help.

I've installed Optifine countless times for other packs and each vanilla MC. However, I followed TacticalLion's video step by step anyway.

Still crashing.

I'm beginning to think along the same lines as you David_Wolfe. Either the graphics card or something else with my laptop.

There can be no other explanation as everything I do matches what everyone else has done.

I will just have to deal with Hexxit without optifine...its not that bad anyway. ...or just keep playing Yogcraft Extreme :)

thanks again, all.

• 2 weeks later...

it works on mac dick head... you should probably try it before saying it doesn't work because it does

Does not work on my MacBook Pro 8.2. I have 500GB HDD, 8GB RAM, 256 RAM NVidia Card.

Running Mountain Lion with all the updates.

I can install Optifine for Tekkit Lite and Vanilla minecraft. Works just fine.

But installing it on Hexxit makes it crash.

I have a partition with Linux and that works just fine, but even if I grab the same MODPACK.JAR from LINUX and bring it to MAC it will make it crash.

Thinking it was a JAVA version problem, I went from the default Java 6, to the recomended 7.21 and the last 7.40 and got the same crashing error in every version.

Tried allocating more memory from 2GB to 7GB of RAM, also with the Increase Perm Gen Size ON and OFF. Same Crash.

Tried installing ALL versions of Optifine for 1.5.2 including all the ULTRA versions and the Sandard versions.

The only one that didnt crash the game was the LITE version but it show NO improvements on the FPS at all and it didnt show Optifine on the main screen.

and YES YES YES I am installing it on the MODPACK.JAR file inside BIN folder inside HEXXIT folder blablabla. I've done it a lot of times.

Also just to try it out, I've installed it on minecraft.jar, on the mods folder, on the core-mods folder and zero results of course.

Last resort I actually went ahead and FORMAT my computer. Reinstalled a fresh copy of Mountain Lion, few updates, and a brand new installation of TechnicLauncher. CRASHED. Then different versions of Optifine. CRASHED. Updated java from the default 6 to 7.21 and tried all the Optifine Standard and Ultras. CRASHED CRASHED CRASHED.

Can I say now that IT DOES NOT WORK ON A MAC? At least not in OSX on my MBP

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I'm on MAC too, and a few days ago, before the new hexxit update, I installed Optifine succesfully in my MacBook and my iMac (my macbook is really bad) after the update no optifine version is working on my macbook, but on my iMac everything works, I checked everything - moved the iMac-Files to my macbook files etc. but - error Optifine does not work on my macbook (late 09) with hexxit, but on the iMac it works.

I tried hexxit without optifine and it worked. When I installed optifine I crashed. Optifine was working up until yesterday. Here's the crash report;

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// Hey, that tickles! Hehehe!

Time: 11/10/13 2:45 PM

Description: Failed to start game

org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid value (1281)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Util.checkGLError(Util.java:59)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.DrawableGL.checkGLError(DrawableGL.java:82)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.swapBuffers(Display.java:617)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71357_I(Minecraft.java:518)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:407)

at net.minecraft.client.MinecraftAppletImpl.func_71384_a(SourceFile:56)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:733)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.5.2

Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1

Java Version: 1.7.0_25, Oracle Corporation

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

Memory: 18651368 bytes (17 MB) / 80920576 bytes (77 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)

JVM Flags: 3 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m

AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used

Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0

FML:

LWJGL: 2.9.0

OpenGL: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 GL version 3.3.10179 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'

Type: Client (map_client.txt)

Texture Pack: Default

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

Does not work on my MacBook Pro 8.2. I have 500GB HDD, 8GB RAM, 256 RAM NVidia Card.

Running Mountain Lion with all the updates.

I can install Optifine for Tekkit Lite and Vanilla minecraft. Works just fine.

But installing it on Hexxit makes it crash.

I have a partition with Linux and that works just fine, but even if I grab the same MODPACK.JAR from LINUX and bring it to MAC it will make it crash.

Thinking it was a JAVA version problem, I went from the default Java 6, to the recomended 7.21 and the last 7.40 and got the same crashing error in every version.

Tried allocating more memory from 2GB to 7GB of RAM, also with the Increase Perm Gen Size ON and OFF. Same Crash.

Tried installing ALL versions of Optifine for 1.5.2 including all the ULTRA versions and the Sandard versions.

The only one that didnt crash the game was the LITE version but it show NO improvements on the FPS at all and it didnt show Optifine on the main screen.

and YES YES YES I am installing it on the MODPACK.JAR file inside BIN folder inside HEXXIT folder blablabla. I've done it a lot of times.

Also just to try it out, I've installed it on minecraft.jar, on the mods folder, on the core-mods folder and zero results of course.

Last resort I actually went ahead and FORMAT my computer. Reinstalled a fresh copy of Mountain Lion, few updates, and a brand new installation of TechnicLauncher. CRASHED. Then different versions of Optifine. CRASHED. Updated java from the default 6 to 7.21 and tried all the Optifine Standard and Ultras. CRASHED CRASHED CRASHED.

Can I say now that IT DOES NOT WORK ON A MAC? At least not in OSX on my MBP

It works on my mac mini... my mac mini only has 4gb of ram I only have 2 dedicated to hexxit... I have never crashed in hexxit.

• 1 month later...