New Tekkit Tutorials

Regniwekim

Hey guys. I'm pretty new to Tekkit. As such, many of the tutorials I've found are no longer applicable with the latest changes.

So, I decided to learn some stuff, and start making tutorials of my favorite finds along the way.

The first I've made is a self-sustaining Infinite Energy Producer.

Infinite Energy Producer -

Diamond Generator -

A new tutorial should be going up every few days.

Nice tutorial. Will use that once I learn the basics. Some more about the first days etc would be nice. I know the basic Minecraft first days but some Tekkit specific would be nice. I tried to follow some of the guides but they mostly use RedPower and IC2 stuff so largely useless.

Another great tutorial. I'm going to set this as my current goal in my current world. I'm currently using turtles on a cobblestone generator to make my diamonds with a zombie spawner for the minium stuff. I don't think my way is very efficient so going to have a go at yours. Thanks for the video, I'd definitely watch more.

Great tutorials but it does highlight just how silly the Bio-reactor is balance wise :-)

Well, the Bioreactors do require two blaze rods each. So, not the easiest things to make.

seems to me it's highlighting how silly the Minium Stone is...

Well, you need 8 to automate the process. Each one yields ~6 diamonds. That's pretty fair.

well it certainly isn't as crazy as the Energy Collector but if a Minium Stone yields about 6 Diamonds then each shard is very close (0.75) to a Diamond in value, discounting all the wood it takes (~15000 Wood -> 50 Diamonds). So I see how you could argue a lot of setup, energy, and resources to get to those 50 Diamonds. On the other hand, shards drop rather frequently for something that is so handy in conversion to Diamond.

On the other hand, I finally gave in to the temptation and have been creating a lot of Ender Pearls... so I guess I can't really complain. :mmmhmm:

Honestly if I put the same amount of effort into a quarry set up I could massively outpace that rate, now you could argue that you can set this up along side the quarry with minimal effort but at a certain point shortly after you start quarrying a dense ores world you realize "who cares? unless i make a diamond pagoda I am set for resources." so thats the real issue here, you just want to be the only one with a diamond pagoda....jerk....

My bigger issue is generally with mid tier construction materials like quartz and iron, I have some but when starting a truely monumental task, you do the math and get sadfaced at how much more you need of it meanwhile the cobble pile is up over 2 million.

my dense ores world is stable due to a glitch and not technically a dense ores world, I made a stable ore world during that whole Technic has big-dig ore configs fisaco and decieded since its an SP world anyway to leave it but I only generated a few dozen chunks, the one I am really proud of is my not destructively unstable nether quartz tendrils world, only issue is mining fatigue which doesn't effect my quarries.