Jump to content

ID Mismatches.


Noroxus
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I've been googling around, to no avail. And before you say "copy config" that doesn't work.

I am attempting to run a tekkit server, using the current release. I believe 1.0.6. I get the server running, but my friend and I cannot connect. Due to ID Mistmach 102, 335, 79. I have replaced the config files, both ways. I have added the mods that come with the launcher to the server, the server refused to launch with them. The -only- way to get this pile to work, is to delete the mods from the launcher...turning it into stock minecraft. Only then can it run on the server.

Which would lead me to believe that the server does not come with the required files. When you add them, it refuses to launch.

My Win 7 is updated, Java is updated to 64 bit 25. I run a bukkit and vanilla server flawlessly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Make sure the server and client builds match. The latest Tekkit version is 1.1.5, IIRC.

Also, make sure you're running Tekkit.jar, not minecraft_server.jar.

Ok thanks, I'll give it a try. Was about to try it, but it looked like that was a beta release or something, since the 1.0.6 was recommended.

Edit: When 1.1.5 is used, you cannot connect to the server due to the server being 1.5.1. When I revert it to 1.0.6 it is still the three ID MIsmatches. I am using the tekkit pack on the launcher and the tekkit server from. http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit

Edit 2: Just took the 1.1.5 RC Server and updated Tekkit to 1.1.5 and there are still ID Mismatches for a fresh install. It seems something is bad on the Tekkit side of distribution. Least that is all I can gather.

Edit 3: Just tried copying the config (again...) from the server to the client, still ID Mismatches. The only way to connect to the server seem to be to delete everything that is tekkit. Aka everything from the Mods library. Edit 3a: That doesn't even work anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just tested here, no problems detected sounds like there is something wrong on your end.

Considering I downloaded it from the server, it's on the server end. Fresh install of both, even uninstalled my other minecraft install. Not the only one with this issue. Using the .bat file to launch. Something is wrong server side it seems.

Server doesn't have any mods etc installed which seems odd, but when you manually place them in, the server won't launch.

Edit: I just tried Voltz, and that works like a charm. Something is wrong with Tekkit server side it seems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also just tested it. Hadn't DLed the server 'til just now but tried it and:

(1) unzipped the server files,

(2) Ran the launch.bat file

(4) fired up TechnicLauncher and changed the settings for the Tekkit modpack to allow me to select the 1.1.5 build.

(3) started up Tekkit (at which point it confirmed that I was updating) and presto -- no problems logging into the server I just created.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also just tested it. Hadn't DLed the server 'til just now but tried it and:

(1) unzipped the server files,

(2) Ran the launch.bat file

(4) fired up TechnicLauncher and changed the settings for the Tekkit modpack to allow me to select the 1.1.5 build.

(3) started up Tekkit (at which point it confirmed that I was updating) and presto -- no problems logging into the server I just created.

As odd as it sounds, it must be selective or something, I just tried Voltz and it worked flawless (as per the edit above) Someone else has this problem and apparently had to wipe their pc to get it to work...not going to do that. So any ideas?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For 1.1.5, yes. For 1.0.6 I used it from http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit Neither server comes with mods.

Just checked, Both tekkit downloads comes with no mods installed in the Coremods nor Mod folder.

I find that odd; when I unzip 1.1.5 I have 7 mods in my coremods folder, in addition to those in the mods folder.

EDIT: What's the size of your zip file? Mine is 22.4MB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find that odd; when I unzip 1.1.5 I have 7 mods in my coremods folder, in addition to those in the mods folder.

EDIT: What's the size of your zip file? Mine is 22.4MB

22.5 as well.

Update: After doing some more testing, and knowing that it didn't make sense that it was server side and had to be me, I tried another file manager. And presto, the missing mods folder was there. I had been using Peazip, which for some reason, failed to extract or even find the mods and coremods folder. Maybe this should be a disclaimer? Not sure, but glad I found out what was going on. Thanks for the help. I have no idea why that archive manager was having difficulties.

Edit: I should mention that I used Peazip for Voltz. Someone more knowledgable than me can investigate that if they like, though I believe Voltz downloaded the mods when it realized it didn't have them, where tekkit did not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...