Multiple worlds in a tekkit game.

Curbmonkey

My goal here is to have a tekkit world exactly how it normal is and another world that was generated without anything tekkit involved in the process but that you could bring tekkit things too. I have spent all day working on trying to get either Multiverse or Multi-Worlds to work and it was to no avail. They will both install fine with the use of BukkitForge but neither can create, import, or load any other world. Also a side note, I'm not sure which thread/forum/section thing this post is supposed to be in and I apologize if it's wrong.

What I need help with is just getting any kind of multi-world support on the server, and then I can set the maps up how I want. I already have the vanilla map ready to go and the tekkit map ready, I would just like to be able to play them together through a tekkit server. I have a friend who doesn't want all the extra ores and everything but that wouldn't mind the higher level tekkit things, so I will be journeying to the tekkit world to mine and build and then bring it back to the regular world. I can fine tune everything if I can just get a rough start with any two worlds on there.

Multi-world in Tekkit? Try Mystcraft. A bit more time consuming in game, but you can tweek things on the spot. For this case, I'de suggest using NEI in creative mode to get yourself a creative spawned notebook. Use this with the writing desk to write what you want your age to look like. You might have to do this more then once since the generator will add random symbols to the age. Just use the one you like.

Note though: having more then 2 or 3 Mystcraft ages available can be death to a server... Bits of each age created will remain in memory choking up the server. But, if the ages you want are created early on during the servers initial setup, then all further age creation is blocked, this trouble can be limited or even removed.

Not sure if this would be the perfect way to do this for you to do what you are trying though. But, it is already available in Tekkit. Main limit here is that Mystcraft has no control over what can be used on a per age basis. So if you want to make some of the Tekkit stuff uncraftable in the age, I'm not sure how you'd go about doing that with Mystcraft... Also, the sludge and sewage lakes will be generated in the ages. But this might be preventable if you turn those off in the Minefactory config, After the overworld is generated, but Before you generate any Mystcraft ages. Also, not a perfect solution...

Could I create an age in Mystcraft and then replace it with a pre-existing vanilla map? I would just use mystcraft but it would generate a new tekkit map if I am not mistaken. The permissions and everything is not an issue, there are only two of us and if we don't want to use something we won't.

tekkit is forge based so it uses the forge world folder structure. bukkit plugins gennerally use the bukkit structure. Use a dev version of multiverse, at least build #667 or higher.

mystcraft is called multiverse for forge but its not as powerful as multiverse. with multiverse i can run a creative world and seperate the inventories so people cant bring back creative made items into survival.

Well actually, I'm hitting on a problem again. I have the default world set to a vanilla minecraft map but it's running through the tekkit server. When I travel farther than I had previously explored in vanilla, it begins to generate it as a tekkit map. How can I change the generation so that it stays vanilla? I don't want the mystcraft worlds to be affected, only the default map.

I really don't think you can, or at the very least it would require a great deal of more moding, as I don't think you can specifiy that the base world has a different terrain gen, I really cannot think of a reasonable reason to structure it that way, but I could always be wrong, IDK maybe there is an easy way to do it. new chunks will be genned based on the configs, soo you could try and mod the config file for vanilla terrain gen, and maybe point mystcraft to the tekkit configs.... worth a shot I guess but I guarantee nothing.