how do you pierce MFFS

thegamer

If you happen to play on an a Tekkit server with factions installed, how would one pierce the MFFS systems that are in future updates? There are no devices in Tekkit capable of draining a significant amount of power from force field systems. Now, there are ways to penetrate a defense matrix and a force field individually, but when one uses both defense systems at once there doesn't seem to be a way of penetrating it. Is that correct

Yeah, I think they're pretty much impenetrable now. Try using ender pearls on one of the corners, or stand directly below their forcefield and relog.

You used to be able to block out the sun, but solar power doesn't exist anymore.

Well yes and no the amount of resources an MFFS system requires is quite High, and unless your massive power source is entirely local there are ways to deal with, on top of that, your server OP's can just disable it, or change some of the configs, I for one think it is kinda cool, as it moves even more functions and control into the players hands and adds a bit of server control too. For example don't like your shit getting blown up, save up and get an MFFS system that will protect your blocks from damage, the fact that the admins don't have to protect you from each other is actually kinda nice. But if those on your server are going to exploit they are gonna do it anyway, with anyone so totalitarianism hoooooo just ban anything that you feel can be abused.

The issue with that is that Tekkit has infinite power sources that would not have much trouble maintaining MFFS systems. On top of that the fusion reactors in atomic science would add a third way to cheaply produce massive amounts of power.

HAHAHA no, fusion is unreliable, you cannot run it forever, also I think you massively underestimate the power draw of a large forcefield, you could easily make a tree farm that powers it but unless that tree farm also has an MFFS coverage it will have a vulnerability, Biofuel is the only -true- infinite power source, also I could be wrong, but doesn't damaging the shield increase power drain? Could you not TNT the field to drop the field it self, sure it's expensive, but such is the cost of war. Same could be said of interdiction device, (though the player card could easily be restricted with very little lost to the servers operation).

not sure, may depend on several things, but I do not know if an MFFS field would stop a quarry, may require some testing. In theory with a standard setup and both mods having OP, the quarry would break a single block of the forcefield and the MFFS would replace it draining energy to do so, the question being which has more power, alternatively, the quarry could ignore the MFFS area and dig under it, or treat it like lava and do nothing. All depends on how they interact, if you do test it, please let me know what you find this sounds interesting.

But as Toki said, the MFFS system takes a ton of power. I don't suppose some one who has this version could test it in ssp. I would do it myself only it would take a while for my computer to change Tekkit versions.