Noob question about quarries

TheEr1k000

I keep getting lava and sludge in my quarries, and I have no idea on how to get it away. I've tried to remove it manually, by going down into my quarry and blocking the lava or filling water over my quarry, but those methods takes long time, and they're dangerous. The source block for the liquids are often outside the quarry boundaries, so the liquid just run right back into the quarry.

So.... Are there any ways to get rid of liquids in quarries easily?

having water source blocks in your quarry helps a lot -- it'll certainly turn the lava to cobblestone/obsidian which will be mined up. Eventually, that will close off the wall, though it make take a little time and more than one water source block. I don't know enough of the mechanics of sludge/water vying for the same space, so I don't know if the sludge will flow into existing water, but you can use lava to turn the sludge to cobblestone which will also seal off the wall eventually (of course this becomes more challenging if there's already water in place...). I'm sure someone out there has figured out a more elegant solution, but I'll sometimes spend a bit of time running around the edge of my quarry with a couple buckets each of lava/water sealing up annoying quarry problems.

Sludge and sewage can be annoying, and for now the only way to resolve them is to block them off. Gravel and Sand work nicely, worst is when it's down a ways and you come back to find your quarry working feverishly trying to clear the sludge/sewage and not making any progress...

Lava is an easy problem to deal with, as weir stated above, simply put water into the quarry.