No meteors spawning on the server?

Ring many

Hello everybody.

I have recently started up a hexxit server. However, we have been playing for about 50 hours now, and we haven't seen 1 meteor on the server, and we don't know why. No comet kitties, (which I heard were removed in the latest patch) but all the other meteors have been set to "True" but still nothing. Why are there no meteors spawning within our server?

We can still craft all the meteorite armour, and it's on our list of items. Falling stars spawn and drop, but no meteors? We haven't received any error messages within the server log either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Here's the log for our meteor mod:

# Configuration file

####################

# block

####################

block {

I:"Block Red Meteor Gem ID"=1201

I:"Fallen Meteor ID"=1202

I:"Frezarite Block ID"=1203

I:"Kreknorite ID"=1204

I:"Meteor Shield ID"=1205

I:"Meteor Timer Block ID"=1206

I:"Rare Fallen Meteor ID"=1207

I:"Test Torch Lit ID"=1208

I:"Test Torch Unlit ID"=1209

I:"Underground Meteor ID"=1210

}

####################

# general

####################

general {

B:"Allow Summoned Meteor Grief"=false

I:"Chunk Generation Checks"=4

I:"Cold Touch Enchantment ID"=201

B:"Frezarite Meteor Enabled"=true

I:"Kitty Attack Chance"=0

B:"Kreknorite Meteor Enabled"=true

I:"Magnetization Enchantment ID"=202

I:"Maximum Meteor Size"=3

I:"Meteor Fall Deterrence"=60

I:"Meteor Fall Radius"=350

I:"Meteor Ore Gen Size"=6

B:"Meteorite Meteor Enabled"=true

B:"Meteors Only Fall at Night"=true

I:"Minimum Meteor Size"=1

I:"Shield Radius in Chunks"=4

B:"Text Crash Notification"=false

B:"Unknown Meteor Enabled"=true

}

####################

# item

####################

item {

I:"Chocolate Ice Cream ID"=5801

I:"Frezarite Axe ID"=5802

I:"Frezarite Body ID"=5803

I:"Frezarite Boots ID"=5804

I:"Frezarite Crystal ID"=5805

I:"Frezarite Helmet ID"=5806

I:"Frezarite Hoe ID"=5807

I:"Frezarite Legs ID"=5808

I:"Frezarite Pickaxe ID"=5809

I:"Frezarite Spade ID"=5810

I:"Frezarite Sword ID"=5811

I:"Kreknorite Body ID"=5812

I:"Kreknorite Boots ID"=5813

I:"Kreknorite Chip ID"=5814

I:"Kreknorite Helmet ID"=5815

I:"Kreknorite Legs ID"=5816

I:"Kreknorite Sword ID"=5817

I:"Meteor Axe ID"=5818

I:"Meteor Body ID"=5819

I:"Meteor Boots ID"=5820

I:"Meteor Chips ID"=5821

I:"Meteor Crash Detector ID"=5822

I:"Meteor Helmet ID"=5823

I:"Meteor Hoe ID"=5824

I:"Meteor Legs ID"=5825

I:"Meteor Pickaxe ID"=5826

I:"Meteor Proximity Detector ID"=5827

I:"Meteor Spade ID"=5828

I:"Meteor Summoner ID"=5829

I:"Meteor Sword ID"=5830

I:"Meteor Time Detector ID"=5831

I:"Red Meteor Gem ID"=5832

I:"Vanilla Ice Cream ID"=5833

}

I have changed some of the settings. Comet kitties are now on 1, spawn only at night is false, and grief players is true. We've been playing another 2 hours but still no sign of any meteorites. Is there anything we can change to make them spawn more often?

We've edited it, but there still isn't any meteors spawning at all? The mod is definitely working, but I would have thought after 50 hours of gameplay, we would have spotted at least 1 of them. We've traveled quite far across the map as well.

The meteors may be pregenerated, so they the meteors can only fall during the night on old chunks. There may be a timer that only runs during the night for them. So the first one will take twice as long as in 1.0.0 if you don't sleep. To use a bed you'll need to sleep near moon set.

Well we've been playing another 15 hours, still no meteors anywhere. I went on creative mod and spawned a meteor summoner, it gave to message "meteor incoming!" and crashed, so it works. But no spawning. Is there anything we can do to make them spawn? And if it's all pre-generated, can we save the seed and spawn the same map but change the mod settings in the beginning for a new server?

my friend and i had the same problem, we had no idea what the problem was, however our server was lagging, we removed a few modes and after removing extra biomes ruins and the battle towers mod all the meteors that should have fallen seemed to fall all at once, we believe it was the extra biomes mod that's causing the problem because we found out a battle tower also spawned after we removed the mod, and before we removed battle towers.

we're not sure if this conflicting mod problem is the cause but we think it most likely is. try removing the extra biomes mod just to see if the meteors fall. after harvesting the ore you can always re-add the mod for more biomes to spawn.

-good luck

--the mod might not be set to let meteors fall in biomes other than those indicated, which would cause a problem.

I have the opposite problem. Even after 1.0.1, meteors seem to just pepper the landscape. I've lost count.

In addition to meteors, had anyone noticed there seems to be a floating burning slime ball in the sky before a meteor strikes? Is that supposed to represent the meteor in the atmosphere before it impacts?