Flashing Rotating Cube?

dontremb

Ok, I really wish I had taken a screen shot.

I found this pair of flashing, rotating cube things. They were both in the same spot, rotating, hovering in the air, independently. They had little mini cubes surrounding them, and no tool seemed to do anything.

I dug out the dirt underneath, and they disappeared.

any clue at all what this was?

I think it's a starpiece. before finding it, did you hear a weird sound that sounded like a comet?

Comets are in space, space has no air hence sound waves cannot move through it so space has no sound, WTF does a comet sound like?!?!

*my head asplode*

Comets are in space, space has no air hence sound waves cannot move through it so space has no sound, WTF does a comet sound like?!?!

*my head asplode*

no like when a comet falls. it makes a sound. I was wondering if it made a sound.

Space is a vacuum, genius.

Actually, space contains trace particles of dust, rocks, oxygen, and a plethora of other materials. However, there are not enough of these trace particles to build up almost any pressure at all, so that is partially why space is a vacuum. Space does have air. It is just spread very, very thin.

Now would be a time to stick your tail between your legs and skitter away.

Fuck off asshole, go back to school.

Actually, space contains trace particles of dust, rocks, oxygen, and a plethora of other materials. However, there are not enough of these trace particles to build up almost any pressure at all, so that is partially why space is a vacuum. Space does have air. It is just spread very, very thin.

And as for you, 'air' in the sense that human beings breathe it, sound travels through it. Not as is in 'contains the same elements that make up the atmosphere on Earth, but spread so thin to have no similarity to what any normal person would consider air'. By your reason, human beings are made of air also, as they contain all the same materials that exist in our atmosphere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_space

However, even the deep vacuum of intergalactic space is not devoid of matter, as it contains a few hydrogen atoms per cubic meter.[32] By comparison, the air we breathe contains about 10^25 molecules per cubic meter.[33]

My entire point was that in the vacuum of space, there is no sound. Argue that.

And as for you, 'air' in the sense that human beings breathe it, sound travels through it. Not as is in 'contains the same elements that make up the atmosphere on Earth, but spread so thin to have no similarity to what any normal person would consider air'. By your reason, human beings are made of air also, as they contain all the same materials that exist in our atmosphere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_space

Since your the type of guy who likes getting literal:

Outer space' date=' or simply space, is the void that exists between celestial bodies, including the Earth.[1'] It is not completely empty...

Outer Space includes earth. Which contains your definition of air. Therefore, according to the Wikipedia article which you linked, your argument is invalid.

Now we'll ignore that detail and your still overlooking the Billions of planets out there with their own atmosphere capable of transporting sound. Any one of these planets could also potentially contain a similar atomic makeup of earth's atmosphere.

You want me to argue this? I will.

Sound can travel through space because space is not a complete Vacuum. Unlike what you believe, space does contain matter capable of acting as a medium. Although not as effective as the atmosphere on Earth sound it still able to vibrate through molecules and travel.

I'm not arguing any further with a child who has demonstrated a complete lack reading comprehension and logic. Since venom didn't send you off, maybe civility will.

Good day sir, and good morrow to you. Many happy returns.

I think I made it pretty clear this was my method of ignoring an ignorant child. It isn't my job to educate you, and when you make it clear you are unable to comprehend even basic principles, you make it so others don't want to even try.

If you are so gung-ho about getting in the last word, perhaps maybe you should first be correct about your arguments.

I said good day!

I think I made it pretty clear this was my method of ignoring an ignorant child. It isn't my job to educate you, and when you make it clear you are unable to comprehend even basic principles, you make it so others don't want to even try.

If you are so gung-ho about getting in the last word, perhaps maybe you should first be correct about your arguments.

You do realize space contains everything in existence?

You claim your done arguing yet you keep returning. Each time your case crumbles a bit more. And Once again your link backfires. The first result agrees with me, the other 2 argue that the human Ear can not hear sound. That is not up for debate and it's not what you claiming.

• 2 weeks later...