Endermen ate my cat...

jakalth

I ended up with an interesting spawn point. I have a nice flat area to build on not far from a forest, jungle, and a swamp. Prime location. Best and worst part of it is, there is a Large Dimensional door rift field just 40 blocks away... I did not know this right away due to that area being uninteresting when I was setting up my base. Now I have a problem.

My house is simply made from cobblestone, for obvious reasons(curse you endermen). But I keep returning from mining expeditions to find my house invaded by groups of endermen that spawned from the rift field. Anyone have suggestions on how to keep the endermen at bay?

I need to have the ceiling of the main room at least 3 blocks high for the pipes and equipment so lowering the ceiling is not a viable option...

Also, I have already lost 3 cats to the endermen. Been using them to keep the creepers far enough from my door so that I can exit without them blowing up the entrance. But, the endermen seem to hate cats and attack them...

ps: the rift field is about 20 x 25 blocks in dimension consisting of at least 9 seperate rifts. Spawns somewhere between 8 and 15 endermen a minute. O_o

I ended up with an interesting spawn point. I have a nice flat area to build on not far from a forest, jungle, and a swamp. Prime location. Best and worst part of it is, there is a Large Dimensional door rift field just 40 blocks away... I did not know this right away due to that area being uninteresting when I was setting up my base. Now I have a problem.

My house is simply made from cobblestone, for obvious reasons(curse you endermen). But I keep returning from mining expeditions to find my house invaded by groups of endermen that spawned from the rift field. Anyone have suggestions on how to keep the endermen at bay?

I need to have the ceiling of the main room at least 3 blocks high for the pipes and equipment so lowering the ceiling is not a viable option...

Also, I have already lost 3 cats to the endermen. Been using them to keep the creepers far enough from my door so that I can exit without them blowing up the entrance. But, the endermen seem to hate cats and attack them...

ps: the rift field is about 20 x 25 blocks in dimension consisting of at least 9 seperate rifts. Spawns somewhere between 8 and 15 endermen a minute. O_o

Why not create a rift remover? Or move? I can't think of any other way then lowering the ceiling but I see that you need space for equipment and pipes.

Well, don't want to use a rift remover. Currently turning the area into an endermen farm. And moving would break the farm idea since they would stop spawning if I got too far away, even with a chunk loader/dimensional anchor. Hmmm. Maybe an iron golem inside my house? Any other ideas?

An alternative is the Grinder from MineFactory Reloaded. It will kill all Mobs in a 5x5 (front) area and automatically dump the harvested materials out the back or into an adjacent chest or buildcraft pipe. However, it will also kill your cats. Iron golems are more expensive (45 iron bars and a pumpkin) but are better as they will kill all hostile mobs but ghasts(Are you in the nether) and creepers (if you have a lot of cats then they won't be a problem). Use something like an obsidian pipe to get the loot.

~EDIT~

new idea. fill your house with water

LOL

*What happened here? Did your water pipe break?*

*Na, it's one of those newfangled indoor pools. Comes with a free water bed.*

I might actually use that to be honest. heh Nothing like a nice cool refreshing drowning... I mean dip when you first wake up. Sadly, cats don't seem to like water... Oh well, their loss.

Actually there IS another benefit. If a creeper gets in the house, and I have at least 1 block deep of water, they won't destroy anything important due to the water effect on explosives. In theory anyways.