Can't Customize Power Armor

With the latest version of Tekkit your supposed to be able to edit the armor use the "L" key (default) to edit the armor. The only problem is that i can not get this to work for me. I have tried virtually every key on my keyboard and nothing opens up the edit menu. Can some one please help me figure out why it's not working.(Sorry if there is already a forum this, I couldn't find one)

With the latest version of Tekkit your supposed to be able to edit the armor use the "L" key (default) to edit the armor. The only problem is that i can not get this to work for me. I have tried virtually every key on my keyboard and nothing opens up the edit menu. Can some one please help me figure out why it's not working.(Sorry if there is already a forum this, I couldn't find one)

Check your Options, the key for customising the armor may be bound to multiple tasks which are then conflicting, or it might not be bound at all

I have tried that, but no key is bound to it. I have tried a lot of different key configs and nothing works...

I have noticed that there is a new "Field Tinker Module" that suggests it might allow editing away from the Tinker Table. Have you, by chance, installed that? Perhaps 'L' only works when that is a part of your armor?

I have not actually, ill try that and see what happens

Are you talking about editing shortcuts for disabling/enabling stuff such as flight control or jet boots? That would be potasium.

If you mean actually editing aspects of your power armor you would need the field tinker module installed on your power fist. You would shift+mousewheel to select it and right click to use.

Are you talking about editing shortcuts for disabling/enabling stuff such as flight control or jet boots? That would be potasium.

If you mean actually editing aspects of your power armor you would need the field tinker module installed on your power fist. You would shift+mousewheel to select it and right click to use.

im talking about editing the actual look if the armor, not the abilities of it. from what I have tried the field tinker module only can edit the modules you have on the suit.

I don't know of any way to edit the 'look' of the armor via a keypress (e.g., 'L'). In the MPS version included with Tekkit 1.0.6 you could add colors and/or transparency to the armor using Modules via the Tinker Table, but that seems to be removed now in Tekkit 1.1.5.

whoops -- guess I should've tried 'L' now that I finally have 1.1.5 up-and-running. Now I see why they removed the 'invisible armor' upgrade...

TitaniumTurtle, you might want to make sure (a) that you have 1.1.5 running and (B) that in your controls you have 'L' assigned to Cosmetic (MPS); I don't think you could access it in 1.0.6 (or, at least, I never did).