Fusion Reactor Design

TokiWartooth

I mean the central one of the 3x3 leaving the other 8 the one right above the reactor by it self does not heat the other 8 do. thats what i meant as in you can safely have the input by an ME bus without power loss. at least that water should not heat. if it does it is an anomaly.

I apologize for misunderstanding you, yes, you are completely correct. The middle turbine above a reactor is not powered, thus there is no loss in using that block as a feeder for deutronium. Thanks again for all your help on this.

ok so i have one question i tried doing antimatter and fulmination gen and that sucked big time so before i dive in to this is the power generation worth the time and effort and mats to even bother with it i mean right now with my bio fuel im doing 120mj/t and it took very little in the way of time and effort and mats to get there

so if this cant be comparable in power gen then theres really no point in me wasting my time

As I understand it fulmination is kind of a novelty, as is the antimatter, most people who can produce it don't need too, its also useful in those votlz and warfare servers where the animatter could be weaponized, fusion really isn't worth it if you have your biofuel running that well, Im going to do it for future proofing against newer mods with more energy consumption (eg galacticraft)

fusion output is amazing, quite frankly even with bio being a bit high, fusion is great if you need extreme powerlevels, im saying that antimatter and fulmination are novelties, even the mod creator seems to balance it that way, the idea behind fusion is as a power multiplier, it takes a small amount of input (the power needed to start the fusion and the power to make the deuterium) and turns it into massive amounts, with the configs at their newest settings 30x turbines multiplier the power output is massive, I can 100% saturate redstone conduit while filling 30+ recs. it works but who needs that much power, also up to this point I had not set up a system to automate the distribution of deuterium meaning the power source couldn't be automated as you could with biofuel meaning you either create a massive bank of batteries or you babysit it.

Hi all,

In my effort to create a workable fusion reactor that can be placed in a pocket dimension, this is my latest creation.

http://imgur.com/mCz4lhz

The resultant monstrosity is 23x23 blocks and has a usable output of 816 MJ/t. (measured powering 12 MFR Laser Prechargers at 68 MJ/t each)

It has 5 reactor cores all being fed a combined energy feed of 50 MJ/t (i.e. each reactor is only consuming 10 MJ/t)

Deuterium is auto fed through an LP system (Supplier pipes) which maintains a stack in each reactor.

This is with the default AS config in 1.1.5 (D:"Turbine Output Multiplier"=4.5) but with TE conduit loss set to 0 (I:EnergyFramework.Redstone.Loss=0)

Edit: In addition, the design is only 8 blocks high, therefore it is very stackable in a pocket dimension for multiples of the 816 MJ/t output.