Transfer vanilla MC world to Tekkit

Mach2Infinity

Hi,

I copied over my old MC vanilla world to Tekkit and it doesn't have the oil pits/sludge pits etc that are in Tekkit. Is there any way to update the old world with the new Tekkit geology? It's a multiplayer world my friends and I have played on for a while and I'd like to keep it as we've built quite a few things.

Thanks,

M2I

• Discord Moderator

You only get world generation things like oil, ores, rubber trees, etc. in "new chunks". Basically, areas that haven't been generated yet.

Your best (and possibly only) option to keep the structures would be to use something like WorldEdit to save a schematic of the structures you want, restart the world with the same seed (so the landscape doesn't change) and then paste them back in this "new" world with all the Tekkit goodies.

Thanks for the reply. Thing is I built a long road with corners and a friend designed and built a massive monster spawn chamber. Is it relatively straightforward to copy such things? Quite a bit of landscaping was done around our new base to accommodate tree and animal farms so I imagine I'd have to ditch those? Can you point me to a good tutorial on World Edit? I've had a look but most are a bit vague. Also how do you restart a world with the same seed?

Thanks

i think with world edit you might be able to use chunk regen to generate ores however if im wrong about that i do remember there being a way to make it regen stuff tekkit stuff in already generated chunks somewhere in the configs it might take a while though depending on how many chunks you have already explored

I use mcpc in place of the tekkit.jar on the server, so i use the bukkit plugin called world border. with it you can set the border to be a small circle around your spawn. then you can use a command /wb trim to trim outside that circle...then delete the border and let the chunks regen as you explore, or enlarge the border and do a /wb fill to pre gen all the chunks in the border.

Forge essentials has a world border function, so this may be possible without mcpc and just that, but i dont know for sure cause its newer...