[1.6.2] Engineer's Toolbox - Customizable Modular Machines! - Now with deployer replacement!

Emasher

Piezoelectric tile could become the new Solar Panel in this pack. If it generates MJ for any (and every) entity that steps on it, I can get a herd of chickens into a 3x3 room floored with the tiles in question and hook up a battery to all of it for free power.

I should also note that having animals walk around on them is the way the piezo generators were intended to be used. I have every intention though of making sure the mechanic is balanced and fun rather than just a free power early on thing. Especially once I nerf it by adding a cooldown time, and perhaps adding a very small chance of hurting whatever walks on it, the challenge will become trying to make the animals walk around on them (as animals don't constantly move around), as well as replenishing the animals. I'm trying to add a cattle prod to do this manually, but it's either going to require a core mod or a Forge addition in order to make it work.

You can sorta do it by putting the peizo at the end of a dead-end and have MFR conveyors that are set to push to the end and hooked up to a short timer. Then set your favorite four-legged critter down the hall.

Alright, version 1.5.2 is now out. It re-balances the piezoelectric generators. They now output 8 MJ per step, but they have a one second cooldown time. They also have a one in twenty chance of doing two hearts of damage whenever they generate power. This requires you to do something to keep your animals moving, as well as replenish them, as they will die over time. Version 1.5.2 also fixes a bug with sockets sometimes producing infinite energy when daisy chained.

I've also released an update for EmasherCore, which fixes a bug with algae not sending block updates when it's placed, or when it grows. It also doubles the output for the machine component recipes, which should make sockets much more accessible.

You can sorta do it by putting the peizo at the end of a dead-end and have MFR conveyors that are set to push to the end and hooked up to a short timer. Then set your favorite four-legged critter down the hall.

The nerfs in version 1.5.2 should hopefully make it difficult to exploit. You'll still be able to generate a significant amount of power, but you'll need a lot of animals, and generators to do it.

Version 1.5.4 is out. It fixes the EU bug for a few modules I missed, as well as adds vanilla hopper support.

It also adds a new inventory interfaces module, which allows you to view and access items in one of the internal inventories. Right click to place items in or pull items out. You can use the generic (white) mode of the socket remote to switch it between stack and single item mode.

I've just put out a quick update (1.5.7). Here's the changelog:

- Removed unnecessary dependencies on BuildCraft (everything should work without BuildCraft installed now, hopefully anyway).

+ Added Item Extractor module (see below)

+ Added config option for EU to MJ ratio

* Fixed tank interface render bug

The Item Extractor works exactly like an item input, except it can pull from adjacent inventories. When it's not configured to use redstone, it will constantly pull items. If it is, it will pull an item every time it gets a redstone pulse.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't under stand why your mods aren't in the Tekkit pack. They are amazing. Gas craft and Engineers toolbox would be great in tekkit. The Graphics could use some work. If I was any good I would help... It would be cool to see some multi block machines in the future. Keep up the good work though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...