FPS Increase?

Caravaneer546

Does anyone have any ideas on how to increase my absolutely crappy FPS? I am getting about 20 with all my video settings set to crappy and fast. I also have optifine, and I also set my comp priority to high for MC when I play it. Any ideas at all?

FYI: This is for any modpack, I just chose HExxit as it is the one I felt like playing.

Edited by Caravaneer546

IDK about my processor, pretty sure it's bad. Intel Core i3, it tells me. I'm using the most updated version of optifine for the 1.5.1

He's probably talking about which Optifine. In other words, not version, but Standard, Ultimate, Lite, etc..

Sometimes the Optifine you use can impact your FPS

Check the version of the Optifine you're trying to download.

If you're going with that Ultra D1 download, I guarantee you're going to find it not working.

EDIT: Actually, it might work. But Hexxit is on 1.5.2 now.

Rly? Wow, never knew it updated. I have a new small issue with Space Tekkit. I can't find the slot to input the rocket fuel in. I know how to do it, I saw the YogLabs about it. there is absolutely no slot where it says "Fuel" while I'm in the rocket.

EDIT: Still wanna know how much memory to allocate with an HD Sphax 64x texture pack on Tekkit Space. :P

EDIT 2: Having trouble launching Tekkit Space, it rarely even loads, but when it does, the FML loads everything at 0% and the MC screen is white, doesn't even show the "MOJANG" decal. Halp me! D:

Questions about Tekkit Main (Space Tekkit) are best answered in the Tekkit Main section.

However, loading fuel requires a machine (Fuel Loader, I believe) in the version of GalactiCraft we use.

As for the memory to allocate? No more than 2 Gigs. Minecraft becomes unstable when you give it more.

If Minecraft still won't run smoothly with 2 gigs, try a 32x texture pack. Also keep in mind that Hexxit features heavy world generation which may result in choppy gameplay while new chunks load. Again, a smaller texture pack may relieve that issue in some minor way.

Okay, that helps. I suppose the Yoglabs was a tad outdated, condiering there were only a handful of planets. I did start this about hexxit, and it went off into a tangent about Tekkit Main, as they both interested me and I wanted to play them, but Hexxit was the one I was playing at the time. :p

• 3 months later...

I also set my comp priority to high for MC when I play it.

Changing priority doesn't make a difference unless you have other programs open that may have a higher priority than Hexxit. So unless you have something like a web browser or something open too, it's not going to do very much, if anything.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be easier if instead of slowly listing specs that you'd give us a pastebin DxDiag.

Press "Windows Key + R" then type in "dxdiag" and press enter. If on the system information tab it says "64-bit" click the "run in 64-bit mode" button near help. Press "Save All Information..." and save it somewhere then upload it either on pastebin or on media fire. Most likely, you probably just need to disable a few settings in the video card to let multicore setting for OptiFine to work (Disable Threaded Optimization /OpenGLThreading).