Some advice required!

RamasesN3

I am running a small server (spare PC at home) running on Ubuntu 13.04 and I would like to know if there is an easy way to schedule stop or restart on it.

I know I can use the "killall -SIGNAME process-name" command but that wouldn't be a clean save/stop of the server.

A restart would be fine but what I would really prefer is a scheduled stop command. That way I can stop the server - render the map - then start it up again with gnome-schedule (I like GUIs so sue me!). And before someone says that I can render with the server up I know that, it's what I'm doing at the moment.

The stop / restart is to clear memory and lagging issues that build up over time.

Any advice appreciated

get mcmyadmin it has a built in scheduler that can do all that and more the pro version was on sale and only cost me 8 dollar cad

there is a free version but it only allows upto 10 players but might be fine for you

I'll give that a go, I hope its not too complicated

If you having trouble Pm me and i can skype you through it

Its not terribly complicated but yeah my first time took a little tweaking to get right

had minor issue getting it to see the existing server but a quick google sorted that, the mcmyadmin.conf file needed tweaking to point it at the right folder. Up and going now. Thanks!!

I'll put this here because it's related to the answer above.

I have MCMyAdmin running (very nice once I got it going). Handy for remote administration however I would like to present the MCMA pages through my Apache server (currently hosting a status banner and overviewer map for my world).

I tried the second option in the answer here http://forums.phonicuk.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=1019

but I can't get it to work. I even tried putting the additional lines suggested for the httpd.conf into the apache2.conf instead, it just stopped apache from starting (something about not being able to load the modules, I can recreate the error if necessary).

Can anyone help?