So I heard you like gaming computers...

Ilan321

I warn you, the following image is very, very disturbing.

[img width=800]

That, is my crappy-ass computer with 2GB RAM, 110GB HD space, An onboard, integrated video card (Intel) and broken speakers. I play Minecraft ON THAT DINOSAUR and it's fine.

So next time you cry that you have a crap computer, it can only run BF3 or GTA IV, stop and think, how dafuq am I playing MC.

This information was brought to you by Ilan Corp.

Oh man, how can you guys stand playing games on those machines?

It saddens me to think of how you all must be experiencing Minecraft. I hope you are able to upgrade before those computers fall completely apart. :)

I feel very spoiled now.

Oh man, how can you guys stand playing games on those machines?

Not, why do you think I'm so active on these forums?

It saddens me to think of how you all must be experiencing Minecraft. I hope you are able to upgrade before those computers fall completely apart. :)

Getting a new rig at the end of this month, and that's gonna be a pretty monstrous one.

Slight spoilers:

15udlk.png

And at this rate, I will never get a new computer :( I'm just 14 and have no job.

It can come sooner than you think. I paid for almost all of my first computer with money I made mowing my neighbor's lawns. Gas is more expensive now so it might take you longer, but you could still do it.

Or, if your smart, you could charge classmates for doing their homework. Don't get caught though :)

That feeling of accomplishment when you get that hard earned gaming machine is worth the effort, I think so anyway.

Getting a new rig at the end of this month, and that's gonna be a pretty monstrous one.

Those angled SATA ports on the motherboard are awesome! I had a GTS 250 on my old machine and the dang heatsink on it covered half my SATA ports. I could only have 4 TB's of disk space!

That feeling of accomplishment when you get that hard earned gaming machine is worth the effort, I think so anyway.

Well, actually, I got a shitload of money from my uncle for no reason... I know it sounds weird but oh well...

I could only have 4 TB's of disk space!

Aaw... But really, I don't need more then 750 gigs of space, at the moment I'm using about 200 gigs I think, and I don't see it growing at any super fast rate. And if it does, oh well. I'll buy another HDD then.

...But really, I don't need more then 750 gigs of space...

Really, that's all you need? That's really good.

I, on the other hand, am using 1.7 TB's of disc space right now. I like not having to manage which games I have installed, manage my downloads folder, or anything like that. I know one of my games in particular takes something like 16 gigs.

Really, that's all you need? That's really good.

I, on the other hand, am using 1.7 TB's of disc space right now. I like not having to manage which games I have installed, manage my downloads folder, or anything like that. I know one of my games in particular takes something like 16 gigs.

Thank you. It's just that I've always learned to live with not that much space on my HDD.

I warn you, the following image is very, very disturbing.

That, is my crappy-ass computer with 2GB RAM, 110GB HD space, An onboard, integrated video card (Intel) and broken speakers. I play Minecraft ON THAT DINOSAUR and it's fine.

So next time you cry that you have a crap computer, it can only run BF3 or GTA IV, stop and think, how dafuq am I playing MC.

This information was brought to you by Ilan Corp.

My computer is even worse than yours. Only has 524 MB of RAM. I'll have to get the rest of the stats when I get home. How old is that by the way? Mine is 10 years old, and it can BARELY play Minecraft. It also has horrible graphics artificing if it has had a cold boot.

Did you by any chance get the first computer ever made in the entire history of humanity? (JK, first one had <1KB RAM)

How dafuq can you play on that?!?

It was a 2002 XP computer, I think. Not many of them have more than 1 gig because XP uses so little RAM. I play games by pretty much converting all of the space on my third HDD into virtual memory. Not as good as RAM, but it's a decent substitute.

and i thought my craptop was bad. this makes mine look like an overpowered computer.

You rarely notice the low RAM though. Out of that 524 RAM (or whatever I said, it's around the 520 to 540 range) XP only uses a minimum of 64 MB. The recommended is only 128 MB. Compared to the minimum of 512 MB RAM (recommended 1 GB RAM) Vista uses, and the min of 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended) that Windows 7 uses, it really doesn't matter that I have such little RAM. In fact, the only thing holding me back from playing newer games is the graphics card, the amount of space that I need on my HDD, and the speed of my processor (the fact that the CPU has only one core, and may use hyper threading could be an influence as well). In fact, I'm pretty sure most gaming rigs would be much better if they used XP instead of one of the newer windows versions. Not to mention that Windows Aero (the thing that makes the GUI look so good) uses up a lot of RAM as well.

You rarely notice the low RAM though. Out of that 524 RAM (or whatever I said, it's around the 520 to 540 range) XP only uses a minimum of 64 MB. The recommended is only 128 MB. Compared to the minimum of 512 MB RAM (recommended 1 GB RAM) Vista uses, and the min of 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended) that Windows 7 uses, it really doesn't matter that I have such little RAM. In fact, the only thing holding me back from playing newer games is the graphics card, the amount of space that I need on my HDD, and the speed of my processor (the fact that the CPU has only one core, and may use hyper threading could be an influence as well). In fact, I'm pretty sure most gaming rigs would be much better if they used XP instead of one of the newer windows versions. Not to mention that Windows Aero (the thing that makes the GUI look so good) uses up a lot of RAM as well.

Actually windows 7 tends to use less ram from what i've seen.

Also, win7 made aero toglleable, so you can disable it to vastly improve performance on low end computers. XP is still faster for low end machines, but between homegroups and the new navigation layout, i've been much happier with win7 than i was with XP.

Actually windows 7 tends to use less ram from what i've seen.

Also, win7 made aero toglleable, so you can disable it to vastly improve performance on low end computers. XP is still faster for low end machines, but between homegroups and the new navigation layout, i've been much happier with win7 than i was with XP.

Aero is toggleable in Vista as well. Just not to the same extent as Win 7. I think the most you can do to change it is to turn off glass window borders and that's about it. I also listed the requirements, not how much it actually used. Personally, I have not used Win 7 at all, but I imagine it is as good as they say it is.

Aero is toggleable in Vista as well. Just not to the same extent as Win 7. I think the most you can do to change it is to turn off glass window borders and that's about it. I also listed the requirements, not how much it actually used. Personally, I have not used Win 7 at all, but I imagine it is as good as they say it is.

It is, it's quite nice. As with anything, it could be better, but overall I'm satisfied with it.

Windows vista eventually had a patch which allowed you to "turn off" aero, but it was almost completely useless.

As usual, windows is awful at estimating requirements. 1.5-2 gigs is about right for vista, but 7 can operate reasonably on 1 - 1.5

It is, it's quite nice. As with anything, it could be better, but overall I'm satisfied with it.

Windows vista eventually had a patch which allowed you to "turn off" aero, but it was almost completely useless.

As usual, windows is awful at estimating requirements. 1.5-2 gigs is about right for vista, but 7 can operate reasonably on 1 - 1.5

That's why I normally don't give a toss about system requirements. Unless if it says something like: "Origin account required for online game." In which case I say, "Fuck you EA," and proceed to play something else that hasn't been tainted by EA's money grubbing hands.