Adding Infamy-Modern Warfare to Voltz server?

pkcouch

Hello,

I am a dad who managed to setup a standard, out-of-the-box Voltz server for my boys to use on our own private LAN. They've invested time creating their Voltz world. My boys are now interested in playing the Infamy Modern Warfare version. I was wondering if someone could tell me if the Infamy modpack is something that can be loaded onto the Voltz server?

I downloaded the Infamy server files, and it looks like the typical server file structure you'd expect if you were running a single server. To me, this implies that these are separate servers. If that's the case, then I can stand up a second Infamy server on another box. But would the Voltz world folder copy over and be usable?

Thanks, Paul

Sadly, no it wouldn't. The block ID's would probably be messed up and the world would refuse to load. If anything, you would have to manually copy the infamy files over.

You have to pay for a server....

It's a server on his LAN.

Hello,

I am a dad who managed to setup a standard, out-of-the-box Voltz server for my boys to use on our own private LAN. They've invested time creating their Voltz world. My boys are now interested in playing the Infamy Modern Warfare version. I was wondering if someone could tell me if the Infamy modpack is something that can be loaded onto the Voltz server?

I downloaded the Infamy server files, and it looks like the typical server file structure you'd expect if you were running a single server. To me, this implies that these are separate servers. If that's the case, then I can stand up a second Infamy server on another box. But would the Voltz world folder copy over and be usable?

Thanks, Paul

You can probably run it on the same box, but you'd probably not want to run it from the same location in your file structure as your Voltz server. Depending on the power of your server, you might be able to run both at the same time.