How to make 250 scrap from 64 cobblestone

Here's a little trick to help you easily fuel recyclers, to get lots of scrap to boost your mass fabricator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VBmp5N_Ih0

Edit: for those that don't want to watch the vid, basically use a handsaw to cut the cobblestone down over and over until it's in the smallest pieces you can get

You will get 2048 cobblestone corner covers per 64 cobblestone, feed those to the recycler.

Here's a little trick to help you easily fuel recyclers, to get lots of scrap to boost your mass fabricator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VBmp5N_Ih0

Edit: for those that don't want to watch the vid, basically use a handsaw to cut the cobblestone down over and over until it's in the smallest pieces you can get

You will get 2048 cobblestone corner covers per 64 cobblestone, feed those to the recycler.

That's pretty damn genius! You might want to put that in encyclopedia technica.

EDIT: Someone has probably already thought of that, but I didnt xD

I started doing this last night. My only concern with it was that it does use up those handsaws. Thankfully EE is not nerfed on my server and never will be (it's good to be the Admin!) so I'll just transmute my cobble. I'm thinking I'm goint to build an automated rig that feeds cobble to the recycler and pulls scrap out the side. Might combine it with a collector/condensor rig. Sweet sweet quantum...

Would this be able to be automated? I was under the impression that because of damage values the handsaws would not trade out with one in a chest when using an auto crafting table as they are technically not the same item.

While something like a cobble gen would certainly output faster, the builders on my server seem to be idiots and don't put safety systems on their generators. This leads to the server crashing every now and then when they input cobble into a buffer faster than it is being taken out. At one point MCEdit reported over 60,000 entities in each of the 4 *2 (4 on each side of a chest) segments of pipes going to their buffer. By using this method, I could make a new rule that forces slower cobble generators without affecting their outputs of scrap by very much.

edit: Out of curiosity can you duplicate scrap with EE?

Why would you burn iron on saws to do this? It will chew through 2 iron per 7.3 UUM and that's assuming you use gem saws, once you burn those up it will be 4 iron per 7.3 UUM. It takes 5 UUM to make 4 iron, so yeah, 1/3 the UUM generation speed? Build a bigger cobblegen instead of wasting iron, IMO.

Why would you burn iron on saws to do this? It will chew through 2 iron per 7.3 UUM and that's assuming you use gem saws, once you burn those up it will be 4 iron per 7.3 UUM. It takes 5 UUM to make 4 iron, so yeah, 1/3 the UUM generation speed? Build a bigger cobblegen instead of wasting iron, IMO.

While I agree that wasting saws is a bit silly, I don't think anyone in their right mind is wasting UUM on iron!