Backpacks?

Darkbirde

I'm not sure, but I think that armor GUI is still a WIP from TConstruct. The backpack should work if placed on the chest armor slot of the vanilla GUI.

I just put the backpack on my hot bar and use it that way.

Has anyone else noticed that if you put a backpack on in the backpack slot of your armor gui, it doesn't let you open the backpack with the B button?

I don't know about the B button issue, but I do know that if you equip a backpack that way, it takes the place of your chest armor. You therefore have a lower armor rating and will die faster/easier in combat.

htek: Even if you put the backpack in the backpack slot and not on your chest?

There are two different slots if you look in the armor gui (not the default inventory.)

I think I read somewhere (possibly the forum thread for the backpack mod on minecraftforum.net) that equipping a backpack that way swaps the backpack for your chest armor. I could be wrong though.

Ooo. How do you make a knapsack?

It's pretty complex, but here I go...

1. Make a Tough Tool Rod Pattern in the Stencil Table out of a Blank Pattern

2. Make a Stone Tough Tool Rod in the Part Builder with the Tough Tool Rod Pattern

3. Put the Stone Tough Tool Rod in the Casting Table which is part of the Smeltery, and pour Aluminium Brass in. That makes the Tough Tool Rod Cast

4. Make 2 Iron Tough Tool Rods in the smeltery with 144 millibuckets of liquid iron, aka 3 ingots, each, which totals to 288 millibuckets which is 6 ingots, using your Tough Tool Rod Cast in the Casting Table

5. In the Crafting Table: 6 leather, 3 on the top and 3 on the bottom. 1 Gold/Aluminium Brass Ingot in the middle, and 2 Iron Tough Tool Rods on the left and right

At least it's easier than making a GraviChestPlate.

2. Make a Stone Tough Tool Rod in the Part Builder with the Tough Tool Rod Pattern

3. Put the Stone Tough Tool Rod in the Casting Table which is part of the Smeltery, and pour Aluminium Brass in. That makes the Tough Tool Rod Cast

4. Make 2 Iron Tough Tool Rods in the smeltery with 144 millibuckets of liquid iron, aka 3 ingots, each, which totals to 288 millibuckets which is 6 ingots, using your Tough Tool Rod Cast in the Casting Table

5. In the Crafting Table: 6 leather, 3 on the top and 3 on the bottom. 1 Gold/Aluminium Brass Ingot in the middle, and 2 Iron Tough Tool Rods on the left and right

Wait, so in the latest version of TConstruct, you have to first make the part before you can pour a cast from the Smeltery? Stencil > Part > Casting Table > Cast? And once you have the cast, then you can pour alloys into it?

Thanks, the Tinkers' Construct pages on Technic Wiki need updating, this will help.

I don't know what a gravichestplate is. There is SO much to discover in Hexxit. ROFL.

Thanks for the directions. I am almost done, just need an ingot cast to get the alumbrass. You are awesome for posting that out for me.

I don't know what a gravichestplate is. There is SO much to discover in Hexxit. ROFL.

The GraviChestPlate is a piece of armor that is often found/seen in technical mods and packs, such as Feed The Beast and Tekkit. You won't find it in Hexxit.