How to nerf Equivalent Exchange?

This plugin is awfully dangerous. It totally bypasses all protection plugins. I disabled it on my server after I found my WorldGuarded spawn in flames and with random blocks everywhere. Note that I had 'lighter' and 'fire-spread' off, and this fire was spreading too fast and on non-flammable blocks so I'm guessing it's not even considered fire by the game.

After I disabled it, everyone b**ched and left. Literally everyone. Average player count dropped from 13 to 3. Apparently it's more important than I thought. Can any server admin please help me? I can't have something this powerful on my server. I know BC quarries respect Factions territory, but with EE a single person can destroy a large protected base in a matter of seconds.

Someone said something about just disabling the rings. How would I do this?

Thanks in advance!

I'm noticing under the file /tekkit/mod_EE.props there are a ton of "AllowX" entries, I.E. "AllowCondensers=1", setting those to 0 might disable the items too. It could also make everything blow to the Nether and back. ;)

Using PermissionsEx you can blacklist certain items for certain groups instead of disabling things outright.

We just disabled EE completely, people bitch about it, but who cares, if they want EE they'll just have to find another server, find out EE is unbalanced and dangerous and then come crawling back.

We just disabled EE completely, people bitch about it, but who cares, if they want EE they'll just have to find another server, find out EE is unbalanced and dangerous and then come crawling back.

EE is fun, but it's just not made for large servers. Only for let's play servers.

I so agree! It sucks that so many players refuse to play Tekkit without EE, though...