Hexxit Buff Help

Just to start, i'm going to say that i'm not the greatest with computers, and sometimes tend to miss big mistakes. So please, if there's something obvious here that i'm missing, sorry. What i'm trying to do is edit the buff for the thief armour class so it has the same effects as the tribal class (and vice versa) I have tried replacing the thief set files with the tribal ones, and renaming all the jar files, class files and all the contents inside them from "ThiefSet" to "TribalSet" (again, vice versa) The problem is when i load my game the mod hexxit hear just simply disappears. Can someone with experience, or someone with the solution please help? I have been trying to solve it on my own but there seems to be no luck. Thanks for any tips or suggestions!

alright, i went into the textures folder (which i think is the textures you had in mind) where all the textures for the armour are. I renamed tribal.png and tribal2.png into thief.png and thief2.png, and it seemed to have worked but the only problem is that the helmets were still the same. Do you know anything i could do to solve this?

I would still generally recommend NOT to attempt any modifications unless you ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

A lot of people think it's as easy as renaming a few files, but this usually ends up in a heap of a mess and destroys your installation.

' Just sayin' '