Tekkitmain Power

Kishmas

I honestly do not know what the main energy mod is for Tekkitmain, all i see as power is engines from buildcraft. I am new to this tekkit and everything is different. I saw some solar engines but they are steve's carts and are not compatible engines with the other mods. Please help

There are no "central" power mods in Tekkit. But all of them generate MJ, so there's no wrong way to do it (besides using redstone engines, that gets you nothing but laughter from us.)

I suggest reading up on BuildCraft, Thermal Expansion, and Minefactory Reloaded. Atomic Science should be left to those with more experience, as that one can be fustrating to get right.

Kishmas, I started out with Steam Engines, and now I am on Magmatic engines being fed from the Nether. My next port is Biofuel and when I update my server to 1.1.5 I'll look into Atomic Science. As stated above there is no "main" power mod which leave it open to try new things however as on 1.0.6 I think Biofuel was the "end-game" option. I hope this helps a little.

This is what's really nice about the new Tekkit. There's a number of different options for your main source of power so depending on your play style or where you've set up base, what you have available to you, you can pick an appropriate power source.

The Server I've been playing on lately has about 5-10 dedicated players right now, and each of us are using a different combination of power. Personally I love bio fuel. It's expensive to set up early on, but it's so easy to maintain. I'm looking into supplementing it with a stack of Combustion engines that I'm going to be feeding fuel. I know a couple other people who utilize Bio Fuel as well, one guy who is going straight Atomic soon, a few others are running Magmatics. It's great to see the different set ups everyone comes up with.