pumping lava from tank

mrcavallol

hi - sorry for the possibly obvious question - but I have googled this and not been able to find anything specific.

I have lava overflow going into numerous tanks but simply do not know how to actually use the lava from the tanks when I run out.

I have tried using a pump on top, liquiducts on the bottom - but the lava just doesn't flow out. I would like the lava I am pumping out of quarries to be connected to the same line - so when the quarry pool runs out it uses the stored lava in the tanks.

if someone can point me to a tutorial for this I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks.

hmm - i did try liquiducts - but in the end i ended up using a wooden pipe connected to a magma engine. i have set up a chain of these with a looped pipe that also keeps the magma engines supplied with lava. it was the only way i could pump the lava out and into an energy cube as see here:

lava tank to power setup

tho i am not sure how efficient this system is it was filling the cubes up pretty quick.

so from what you are saying Viktor - if i was able to connect the liquiducts direct to the tank would i still need to pump it out or does it do it automatically?

thanks

hmm - i did try liquiducts - but in the end i ended up using a wooden pipe connected to a magma engine. i have set up a chain of these with a looped pipe that also keeps the magma engines supplied with lava. it was the only way i could pump the lava out and into an energy cube as see here:

lava tank to power setup

tho i am not sure how efficient this system is it was filling the cubes up pretty quick.

so from what you are saying Viktor - if i was able to connect the liquiducts direct to the tank would i still need to pump it out or does it do it automatically?

thanks

it doesn't need a pump, just a redstone signal to pull liquid from tanks

hi - sorry for the possibly obvious question - but I have googled this and not been able to find anything specific.

I have lava overflow going into numerous tanks but simply do not know how to actually use the lava from the tanks when I run out.

I have tried using a pump on top, liquiducts on the bottom - but the lava just doesn't flow out. I would like the lava I am pumping out of quarries to be connected to the same line - so when the quarry pool runs out it uses the stored lava in the tanks.

if someone can point me to a tutorial for this I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks.

Look at this tutorial video and jump to around minute 11:00