Modpack download wont 'unzip'

Haxtozous

Before any of you say check other forum threads and posts, I did. I followed every instructions and tried every single guide, I made sure it was a direct link, I made sure it was a zip and not a rar,etc... but still im getting this unzipping error. I Apologize if I sound like a douchebag, but its because the last time I attempted to post something like this, I ended up with a private messaging calling me a idiot and telling me to check threads I already checked.

Anyway, I can't find the problem after checking multiple guides and links and threads, and looking over everything twice. I bet im just making some stupid mistake, and I apologize if that's all it is... please, I realy need help. :(.

I only have minecraft forge(in the form of the mudpack.jar file), Not enough items, Core Chicken Core, and obsidian reinforced installed. I doubt any of these is causing the problem, but ill mention it here in case it is.

Link to modpack:https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxdu7iht2y98p84/Haxy.zip

Yes, this was made as a test, and I would realy like to know why its not unzipping. If none of you can find the problem, can you at least send me a link to a 1.5.2 modpack I can edit which you KNOW works.

Before any of you say check other forum threads and posts, I did. I followed every instructions and tried every single guide, I made sure it was a direct link, I made sure it was a zip and not a rar,etc... but still im getting this unzipping error. I Apologize if I sound like a douchebag, but its because the last time I attempted to post something like this, I ended up with a private messaging calling me a idiot and telling me to check threads I already checked.

Anyway, I can't find the problem after checking multiple guides and links and threads, and looking over everything twice. I bet im just making some stupid mistake, and I apologize if that's all it is... please, I realy need help. :(.

I only have minecraft forge(in the form of the mudpack.jar file), Not enough items, Core Chicken Core, and obsidian reinforced installed. I doubt any of these is causing the problem, but ill mention it here in case it is.

Link to modpack:https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxdu7iht2y98p84/Haxy.zip

Yes, this was made as a test, and I would realy like to know why its not unzipping. If none of you can find the problem, can you at least send me a link to a 1.5.2 modpack I can edit which you KNOW works.

What are you using to compress/extract it?

Is the launcher not unzipping it?

Sorry, forgot to mention that I was using the default windows zip file, as according to a guide I saw it was the only way to get it working... I really would appreciate it if you could lend me a hand. :).

I would try using 7-zip or winrar instead. I use 7-zip personally, it's never had a problem, and it doesn't nag you to buy it like winrar does.

Where did you read that the default windows utility was the only way to get it working?

I read it on... fuck Im gonna fail at spelling his name. Lukeb39 I think is his name. His guide.

Lukeb28? I thought that thread said to use winrar...

Software you need!

WinRar Archiver. This works very well and I have not had a single issue with this for the past 5 months.

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

I trust this site but if you are uncomfortable with it then you may use any archiving program you wish. Just be aware that some steps will be different and I will not be able to help you with a program I do not know myself.

Pretty sure he said to use winrar.

Before any of you say check other forum threads and posts, I did. I followed every instructions and tried every single guide, I made sure it was a direct link, I made sure it was a zip and not a rar,etc... but still im getting this unzipping error. I Apologize if I sound like a douchebag, but its because the last time I attempted to post something like this, I ended up with a private messaging calling me a idiot and telling me to check threads I already checked..

Now, I could totally call you out on that, but I'm not going to. Instead, I'm going to humbly ask you to use this as a chance to realize that you may have goofed up a little, mature from it, and move on. Everyone makes mistakes once in a while, right?

WinRAR does NOT work, as it can only make rar files, and rar files do not work.-.-. Well, guess im not getting any answers on here, so screw it.

Edit: I already knew WinRAR did not work, and I tried 7-zip, only to encounter the same problem. Also, seeing as your implying a insult, it seems this community isn't as helpful as I thought It would be. If someone else a bit more mature would be willing to help, I would be all ears.

Also, seeing as your implying a insult, it seems this community isn't as helpful as I thought It would be. If someone else a bit more mature would be willing to help, I would be all ears.

Sorry that we do not cater to people who are pig headed.

Still same 'unziping' error. Looks like im not going to be able to find a solution.

Are you sure you linked your modpack correctly? What file host did you use? Please post the link that you put into the modpack page so I may test it.

That link was old and indirect, not theone I was using in the launcher. I was using that to show the pack and everything with the dropbox page itself. Anyway, the updated and direct link is this one.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/203855999/Modpack%20template.zip

Yes, I even tried using a modpack template, and used another one before this. This one has a weird file inside it called installed, but with it or without it, it will still not 'unzip'.