HELP! Rift Destroying World!!!

FearJoshua

There are a few options. You can always go into the DimDoors.cfg (config) file and change one or all of the following settings:

1. Change this to false so the Enderfreaks stop spawning:

# Sets whether groups of connected rifts will spawn Endermen

B:"Enable Endermen Spawning from Rifts"=
true

2. Change this to false so the rifts don't chain out and make new ones:

# Sets whether rifts create more rifts when they are near other rifts

B:"Enable Rift Spread"=
true

3. Change this to 0 (zero) so the Rifts don't spread (not sure if you need one or both of steps 2 and 3 but I'd change both to be sure):

# Sets the number of times a rift can spread. 0 prevents rifts from spreading at all. A value greater than 5 is not recommended as the growth is exponential.

I:"Rift Spread Modifier"=

The config files will be located in C:UsersUserAppDataRoaming.technichexxitconfig (or wherever you specified Technic to install your modpacks if not default). They need to be opened with a text editor. Opening this file and changing random stuff will void your warranty so don't touch stuff you don't understand.

You can also disable the Dimensional Doors mod entirely. Or, like OblivionG said, don't go creating rifts everywhere all willy-nilly.

PS: Read the rules.

• 1 month later...

Well the rifts might not entirely be his fault, I've never used a rift blade and the only time I KNOW I've broken a door/warp is when I was thinking of making a "walk-in closet" and even then I used a rift remover. So unless a creeper exploded a portal, rifts can spawn randomly and eat the world.

Well the rifts might not entirely be his fault, I've never used a rift blade and the only time I KNOW I've broken a door/warp is when I was thinking of making a "walk-in closet" and even then I used a rift remover. So unless a creeper exploded a portal, rifts can spawn randomly and eat the world.

Please check the dates before you post.

There are a few options. You can always go into the DimDoors.cfg (config) file and change one or all of the following settings:

1. Change this to false so the Enderfreaks stop spawning:

# Sets whether groups of connected rifts will spawn Endermen

B:"Enable Endermen Spawning from Rifts"=
true

2. Change this to false so the rifts don't chain out and make new ones:

# Sets whether rifts create more rifts when they are near other rifts

B:"Enable Rift Spread"=
true

3. Change this to 0 (zero) so the Rifts don't spread (not sure if you need one or both of steps 2 and 3 but I'd change both to be sure):

# Sets the number of times a rift can spread. 0 prevents rifts from spreading at all. A value greater than 5 is not recommended as the growth is exponential.

I:"Rift Spread Modifier"=

The config files will be located in C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\.technic\hexxit\config (or wherever you specified Technic to install your modpacks if not default). They need to be opened with a text editor. Opening this file and changing random stuff will void your warranty so don't touch stuff you don't understand.

You can also disable the Dimensional Doors mod entirely. Or, like OblivionG said, don't go creating rifts everywhere all willy-nilly.

PS: Read the rules.

(puts rift spread modifier to 9001) (later) OMG