Can't get energy tesseracts to work.

Norman1346

I typically use phased pipes but I built some tesseracts just to experience all the mod pack has to offer.

I was able to use items tesseracts on my quarry pipes no problems, but I can't get energy tesseracts to power a quarry at all. I tried using both pipe and conduit at the quarry end but nothing. Yes the little arrows on the conduit were set correctly. I also did set the quarry end to receive and the power end to send. Yes I also have a world anchor by my power source.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I'm frustrated.

well you hit all the things that typically go wrong -- maybe you could take some pics of (1) conduit settings, (2) tesseract gui, both of them?

I typically drop my energy tesseract right next to my quarry and don't even bother with conduit to connect them.

well you hit all the things that typically go wrong -- maybe you could take some pics of (1) conduit settings, (2) tesseract gui, both of them?

I typically drop my energy tesseract right next to my quarry and don't even bother with conduit to connect them.

I probably could do that but I don't know how.. Screenshot is one of the F buttons, but then finding the file and putting in a post is where I would be utterly lost.

I was unaware that they could be dropped next to quarries though, I'm gonna try that.

basic checklist.

1. tesseract freq

2. tesseract input source is actually receiving power.

3. tesseract redstone signal req to null to be safe.

4. correct type of tesseracts. ( ive actually placed item tesseracts instead of liquid ones.)

5. where is the tesseract placed at the quarry? tesseracts can be just placed beside the quarry to give it power, no need for conduits.

6. are you sure BOTH sides are correctly loaded? i always though about a scenario where the quarry tesseract was outside the load chunks of the quarry itself. so if you leave it never loads. same with the other side... is the chyunk properly loaded?

7. world anchor? yuk... use dim anchors or spot loaders. xD

basic checklist.

1. tesseract freq

2. tesseract input source is actually receiving power.

3. tesseract redstone signal req to null to be safe.

4. correct type of tesseracts. ( ive actually placed item tesseracts instead of liquid ones.)

5. where is the tesseract placed at the quarry? tesseracts can be just placed beside the quarry to give it power, no need for conduits.

6. are you sure BOTH sides are correctly loaded? i always though about a scenario where the quarry tesseract was outside the load chunks of the quarry itself. so if you leave it never loads. same with the other side... is the chyunk properly loaded?

7. world anchor? yuk... use dim anchors or spot loaders. xD

Wait. So the space right next to the quarry block, outside the frame might not be loaded by the quarry?? I have been relying on the quarry to load itself. That could be it.I'll put down a loader on that end and see what happens.

It looks like I am using a dimensional anchor. I just don't know what things are called sometimes and I have no idea what the practical difference is between the different loaders.

ill be honest, something as simple as a mental checklist can save you from a lot of trouble. the reason i have never found myself with the quarry chunk not loading the tesseract is bacause a got the habbit of placing my tesseract Just BELOW the quarry. its a guaranteed load.

problems like those arise when the quarry and the energy systems as well as sorting are Outside the quarry load range. again, this is speculative as i dont know how chunk loading works with quarries.

Wait. So the space right next to the quarry block, outside the frame might not be loaded by the quarry?? I have been relying on the quarry to load itself.

It is possible however unlikely. if you didn't change the file settings its under users/<yourname>/appdata/Roaming/.technic/tekkitmain/screenshots appdata is a hidden folder by default, and just use imgur. really if you want expedient help thats the only way to go, I think f2 is the screenshot button.

I got it. It was a complete noob oversight.

I recently rewired my entire base when I finished setting up an array of bio-fuel generators. I accidentally put the energy tesseract on a conduit line that only sometimes has power.Derp!

Sorry to bother for something so simple, but I did learn a few things from the thread.

It is possible however unlikely. if you didn't change the file settings its under users/<yourname>/appdata/Roaming/.technic/tekkitmain/screenshots appdata is a hidden folder by default, and just use imgur. really if you want expedient help thats the only way to go, I think f2 is the screenshot button.

LOL. unless I can change the file settings by bashing my computer with a rock, I don't think I could manage that.

Hey Charlie, have you ever actually had a quarry not stay loaded? Typically, a 64x64 will keep 25 chunks loaded and I'm fairly certain that includes the one the quarry's in. I guess in theory one of the tesseracts could literally be one block into the next quarry but in all my time using these things I've never seen it happen. When I first started using quarries I put down anchors and then realized that it was redundant.

Hey Charlie, have you ever actually had a quarry not stay loaded? Typically, a 64x64 will keep 25 chunks loaded and I'm fairly certain that includes the one the quarry's in. I guess in theory one of the tesseracts could literally be one block into the next quarry but in all my time using these things I've never seen it happen. When I first started using quarries I put down anchors and then realized that it was redundant.

no, but ive had a scenario in mind where the tesseract would be outside those 25 chunks (i used to place the tesseract away using redstone conduits). after that scenario came into mind i just decided to solve it by just placing the tesseract below the quarry.

im prolly exaggerating as the quarry could load 2 or 3 chunks around the quarry block to avoid issues... but its better to be safe than returning after a 6 hour trip and notice the quarry never even started to mine.